Saturn players, I need help!

So I just bought a Saturn, because I want to play Panzer Dragoon Saga and I've had very little success with emulators. And I just figured the game would run better on real hardware.

So I bought a US Saturn, and I downloaded PDS(US version). And since I can't afford a real copy, I also purchased a "All In One" cartridge, also known as Pseudo Saturn. In order to run a pirated copy.

So I recieve the Saturn, and I test it with a few original games I had. Most of them run fine, except for one. But that's ok. The thing is, I REALLY want to get Panzer Dragoon Saga running on this thing, and I CAN'T.

I tried everything. I burned a copy of the first Disc. And I tried running without the "All In One" cartridge, I tried with it. It actually loads up the logo of "Team Andromeda", and it immediately fades to black, and nothing else happens. Seems like the game crashed.

And before you tell me I need a cheat code. I have tried that extensively. The only thing different that happens is, right after the "Team Andromeda" logo, it says using the game's font "remove the cartridge". And so I do, and nothing happens.

Can someone please help me?

For one thing, don't remove the cartridge from the Saturn's cartridge slot, when the console is on, under any circumstances.

A few questions:

What region is the console?
What region is the game file?

The code is needed to get around region protection. It kind of sounds like you're entering a code for a region it doesn't need to be assigned, so it's throwing up the message about the cartridge slot, thinking the regions are mismatched.

For the game hanging at a black screen, verify the disk image you're using is complete, and check the burned disk for data errors. Some programs/settings work better for certain consoles, and file types. When backing up Saturn games, and testing them years ago, I think I used Imgburn, but I don't recall, and I don't know how that program is now.

The system is US, and the file is supposedly US as well.

I think it might have something to do with the burnt disc. I'm using ImgBurn with verify on. And it seems to go through fine. I tried three copies already. And as I try to run them on the Saturn, the same thing happens.

I'm using the cheat codes for all regions, and the same thing happens every time. I'm almost giving up. Which is sad to me, because I spent quite a bit of money on this set up, and it was ALL because of Panzer Dragoon Saga, to be honest.

Did you ever get this working?
If not...
Try downloading/burning from another source, maybe it's a corrupted upload/download :unsure:
Otherwise it could be something to do with the version of the PseudoSaturn cart you have.

Back