Say what you want about the "SaveShenmue" shrine

This one interests me as well, as it seems to be the only one with a similar day/night theme (akin to S2).

I wonder if YS was adamant on the music for this shrine (given its role), or if that was just luck of the draw.

There was no luck involved at all. A lot of people openly recognise them as, arguably, the best tracks in the game overall, and for good reason. Both are very important in the game, and have a story behind them. . Whilst that story may not be able to be told right now, i hope in the future, their origins will be able to be expanded upon.

There was no luck involved at all. A lot of people openly recognise them as, arguably, the best tracks in the game overall, and for good reason. Both are very important in the game, and have a story behind them. . Whilst that story may not be able to be told right now, i hope in the future, their origins will be able to be expanded upon.

This is the spoiler forum, it's okay.

My favorite tracks in the game are Huaxiao Temple outside (7 Years in Tibet style music), Blossom Road, Fishermen's Pier and the abandoned temple in Bailu (night) but these two are up in my top 10 S3 tracks.

Whilst that story may not be able to be told right now,

Do you think it’s unlikely we’ll get more on this if we get IV & V, or is it likely to have been cut altogether? Just wondering if you were alluding to it having been removed entirely because of having to condense the story, or if you meant purely left out of III?

Oh sorry I wasn't really clear. When I say "story", I mean the story of those two tracks, and the story of how they came to be in the game.

Oh sorry I wasn't really clear. When I say "story", I mean the story of those two tracks, and the story of how they came to be in the game.

Instead of teasing I’m sure I’m not only one that would love to hear the story ;)

I’m trying to think with game released why you wouldn’t be able to share.

Last edited:

Right, gotcha. I took it to mean as something in-game. Thanks for clarifying.

Back