Sega 60th Anniversary

Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar

They are looking for messages from the fans as well as hearing about what the fans are interested in. They are accepting English responses, but you’ll need to translate the page via Google.

My message: “Please support Yu Suzuki and help release Shenmue IV. Yu Suzuki IS Sega!” I picked VF out of the list of images, but there are other YS classics up there...

This is what I wrote:

Happy 60th birthday SEGA! Thank you for your games which changed my life like NiGHTS, Virtua Fighter, Burning Rangers etc, but especially Sonic the Hedgehog and Shenmue!

Please let Yu Suzuki make Shenmue IV!! I come from England and visited Japan thanks to Shenmue (^o^)/

Omg I didn’t notice the Shenmue image!!!! That’s the only reason I picked VF. Oh well... time to fire up that VPN.

I wrote "give us Shenmue IV, you shits!"

Hope it does the trick :)

I would've used "Give us Shenmue IV, you slaaaaaaaaaaaaaags ;) xoxo" (it helps if you can say it in a English gangster accent :p

Just thought to look at this -

The messages were posted. I see QUITE a few Shenmue messages.

The messages were posted. I see QUITE a few Shenmue messages.
I was kind of poking through the first few pages, and found that Yu left a message for them as well (Page 04, top left):

私は83年にセガに入社し、激動の時期を共に過ごしました。
セガの社風は、無邪気、素直で、何をしでかすか分からない楽しさもあります。
どうぞこの愛すべき社風を守り続けてください。
60周年おめでとうございます。

YS NET代表取締役 (元セガ ゲームクリエイター)
鈴木 裕様

'I was with Sega for a wild* period [in their history], after joining the company in 1983.
Sega's work culture was innocent, sincere, and provided the thrill of never knowing what we might get up to.
Please continue to protect this cherished work culture.
Congratulations on 60 years.

YS NET Representative Director (Former Sega Game Creator)
Suzuki Yu'

*Literally, the word he used translates more like "turbulent," but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what that connotes in English. I think he meant it more in terms of the company being up and down, and all around over his 25-ish year tenure.

Hiroi Ouji (Sakura Taisen creator) and Mizuguchi were also in there.

Back