Sega Adresses Sega DREAMCAST Mini

Some of you probably already read something about this but....
I found this incredibly disappointed.

From what they say, SEGA doesn't pursue the idea of the Dreamcast Mini (or whatever would be called) cause they think it could be too
expensive. (Also noted the scarcity of certain electronic materials and parts cause of covid and whatnot)

It's so annoying dude, I would pay 300 bucks for good produt with 20 or 30 games NO DOUBT!
how much would yu guys be willing to pay for a DC mini?

I think Sega are losing out on this one. I feel that it could be a big success for them. So many ppl actually want to try dc games.

I don't blame them. Remember that they wanted to make the OG DC as cheap as possible as well. But at least this piece of news presents the notion that a mini Saturn and DC is more of a question of "when" as opposed to "if."

I see what they mean. These consoles are typically supposed to have mass appeal so it's tough to have a price point that reaches the price of a Switch and expect to turn much of a profit. I'm hoping they can do it in order of release and get a Saturn Mini in a year or two, then a DC mini when it's financially viable as more powerful tech becomes cheaper. And as I mentioned in another thread, you also have to factor in the cost of developing the controller, which will have an analog stick and triggers.

Remember that this isn't selling a console for cheap so that they can sell you software later, the hardware + software are fixed so to speak, so everything combined has to be profitable. I might actually want them to go a step further and make something that's similar to an Atari VCS, then you can buy more games over time. They could make it an ultimate Sega emulation box, where you can buy games from all their consoles.

I find this super disappointing, yet understandable from Sega's point of view. Can't blame them. Right now it isn't feasible but that doesn't mean it will never happen. One day, perhaps. One day... :D

I still don't see why we can't get a DreamCast Collection on modern systems. They keep porting the Megadrive Collection, so why not DC? BluRay/UHD discs can easily contain a decent bundle of DC games so the tech is there! We had a smaller package on 360 a while back already:
1655544277241.png
I'd love to see something llike this but with 40+ DC games. I know some want the authentic expeirence with the controller + VMU but I honestly would be content with a release like this just on modern systems.

I think Sega will pretty soon release Saturn Mini but only in Japan, mark my words, because it was the only place in the world where it was actually successful and popular. No chance for the worldwide release though or Dreamcast mini because of the same reasons

Back