SEGA Publishes big dev "plans" up to 2026!

Shenmue 4, 5 and 6.

Another Yakuza Game with real time Fighting set in feudal Japan. This time with a world wide realise.

Another Virtua Cop and House of the Dead Game in VR.

A modern iteration of Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx.

Everything is very unlikely that a man can dream.

I do not have any realistc proposals unfortunately.

Last edited:
I feel strongly that Sega could make money on a lot of their old IP's in the modern era. Gamers from Sega's prime era are mostly all parents of teenagers and children now so it could be similar in connecting families the way Nintendo has done with it's IP's, only with a broader range since Nintendo tends to focus on children only whereas Sega always had children, teens and adults in mind. In a market full of games that are now highly realistic looking and very streamlined Sega could stand out once again on some of their older franchises. I think there's money to be made in creating, remastering or rebooting just about any of their franchises like:

Sonic (needs complete reboot to something fresh, core gameplay from the highlight 90s/00s titles with less gimmicky stuff and new forgettable characters of the last 15 years)

Shenmue 4 on a Sega budget would be nice...a person can dream right?

Virtua Fighter I feel needs to be a top priority with being brought back and needs a reboot with more depth in the story aspect. Fighting mechanics are perfect already.

Other titles that I feel could be either fairly big hits as remakes, reboots or solid digital budget remasters are:

Altered Beast(3D reboot & remaster original)
Bug (remaster)
Clockwork Knight (remaster)
Columns(remake)
Condemned(reboot)
Crazy Taxi(remaster)
Daytona USA(reboot)
Dynamite Cop (remaster)
Ecco(remaster)
Fighting Vipers (remaster)
Full Auto(reboot)
Hang-On(reboot)
Jet Set Radio(REBOOT!)
NiGHTs(reboot, remake and remaster)
Sega Bass Fishing(reboot)
Shinobi (reboot)
Space Channel 5 (remaster)
Streets of Rage (reboot! Something fresh unlike SoR4)
Vectorman (Reboot)
Virtua Cop (Reboot and remaster)

Remaster all the LIght Gun games as VR shooters on rails, also remake some. There is a lot of room to easy money there

A translated version of the old Sakura Wars games would also nice. I already have the english patched version of the Saturn Version but i would buy the ported version again together with 2 and 3 of course. Maybe they should translate and portt he ps2 remake of the first Sakura Wars and not the Saturn version. I would take both if I had the choice though.

Call me cynical, but until I see SEGA put their money where their mouth is, I have very little confidence they'll be doing anything major with their intellectual properties. After all, SEGA has been one of the most risk-averse companies in the contemporary era only releasing what they know are safe bets and let someone else take the risks with their other franchises.

Last edited:
Call me cynical, but until I see SEGA out their money where their mouth is, I have very little confidence they'll be doing anything major with their intellectual properties. After all, SEGA has been one of the most risk-averse companies in the contemporary era only releasing what they know are safe bets and let someone else take the risks with their other franchises.
You got a point unfortunately. Since Sega left the hardware business 20 years ago they lost the will the do risky stuffs. They got so many great ip in their sleeves and they do not use it. That is sad but it is true and cannot be denied at all.

Guys don't take this previous post seriously; I was just joking.
It's too late, the hype train has already flown off the rails in a trajectory heading directly towards the sun. There's no longer any saving us, god rest our souls.

A translated version of the old Sakura Wars games would also nice. I already have the english patched version of the Saturn Version but i would buy the ported version again together with 2 and 3 of course. Maybe they should translate and portt he ps2 remake of the first Sakura Wars and not the Saturn version. I would take both if I had the choice though.
God I want a translation of 2 so bad.

It'll be anything and everything that we aren't really that fussed about, knowing Sega.

I'd kill for Shenmue 4, but a new Outrun, a new Panzer Dragoon game (aside from the current remakes) or a remaster of Saga would be awesome - and I certainly wouldn't say no to even a port of Skies of Arcadia at this point. Long overdue.

Call me cynical, but until I see SEGA put their money where their mouth is, I have very little confidence they'll be doing anything major with their intellectual properties. After all, SEGA has been one of the most risk-averse companies in the contemporary era only releasing what they know are safe bets and let someone else take the risks with their other franchises.
This isn't a cynical or unreasonable thought to have, it's sadly very true. They're only dumping money into mediocre Sonic titles, the football management game and Yakuza because everyone knows Sonic, football is a popular sport and Yakuza which I am surprised makes them the kind of money it does. I don't dislike any of the newer Sonic titles, but none of them really stand out as anything amazing like the 90s titles, Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Heroes and Sonic Generations. Those titles show that Sonic can be something special in the 3D era.

What was Sekiro like? That's the samurai Dark Souls, isn't it?
Sekiro was not enjoyable in any capacity for me personally, which had nothing to do with the difficulty but rather with everything else. Early on in the game there's a giant chicken that attacks you that is taller than you, no joke. The gameplay isn't inspiring, the main character is boring and the lore is gritty and dark but doesn't seem to have anything to say. It's a shame to think it was originally rumored that was going to be a Tenchu game, I have no idea how Sekiro was birthed out of that. NiOh isn't great, but at least it's not bad.

Back