Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Resident Evil 4 Remake
PSN
wesker85
Steam
Puma085
I want to get the 3d controll pad for my Saturn after I learned that many games that I have or that I am going to purchase are supporting this type of controller. The only drawback is the price. It is a quite expensive controller.

Do you guys here have any experience with that controller? Is the build of the controller solid and would you recommend it without any hesitation?

Would be pleased hearing a few opinions on that matter.

Do they really support it though, or do they reluctantly acknowledge its existence?

It is supported by some games but not by all according to Sega retro.

lol I think Mittz was joking.

But yes, I would 100% buy it; ergonomically, it has been considered the (second! for me) best controller made until this gen (I don't know how people that have used this gen's controllers and the Saturn's, feel) and it is super responsive and well-made.

You can play NiGHTS with it, but it's not nearly as enjoyable. You can play Sega Touring Car Championship with it, but it will be trickier. You can play Sonic R with it, but you will get pissed off lol.

Basically, it is the best controller for the console and absolutely worth it.

If you've held a Dreamcast controller, you've held a Saturn 3D controller, sans the VMU, and imho (and that of many other respectable gamers) a better fit overall in comparison, such that the venerable DC controller could be considered a Segression. I would also concur with Truck that it is very well made, since my standard black version (not the Christmas NiGHTS edition) still works beautifully with no loose buttons nor errant analog stick. Good luck.

In the meantime I got a white controller already direct from Japan and I really like it so far. It feels indeed very similar to the Dreamcast controller minus the VMU and the Rumble pack (i know Sega did not call it that way but I cannot remember the Offical Sega Name ) . I liked the Dreamcast Controller so I really enjoy using the 3d controller.

One man's abomination is another man's Shenmue 3, Mittz.

Back