SEGA will host the Shenmue III event in their own booth at TGS!

Th
I already did my part. Got physical PS4 Version via Slacker backer, the Collectors edition from Gameware and a digital ps4 version.

Thanks for the infos Vivi Gamer. Really good news that Shenmue 3 is featured at the Sony Show too. The more attention the better.
Thats great of you,,, I get the slacker backer Version....I get 3 Times a collectors Edition for p24 from gamesonly and Amazon,, I also get digital one for ps4.and of course The pc Version...I Also Gonna Buy much more shenmue 3 copies in the Future to help Male it a success that it deserves...I really try to get the steelbook Version I damm need it.. Just don't knows How i can get it from best buy or somewhere Else Send it here to Germany.....maybe somebody can help

It's great that people want to buy multiple copies to support the series, but please don't anyone bankrupt themselves. We don't need news stories of you hunched over on the concrete behind a retail estate, clutching your PS4 game cases while mangy mutts fight over your blanket. "Yu Suzuki Ruins Fans For Profit, Supports Illegal Dog Fighting."

Sony confiming trailer...? Crossing my fingers! Gameplay demo would be great, but I love trailers and do still think there should be some mroe story elements to sell the intrigue. Also holding hope for Paris Games week presence. Then, a launch trailer week of release?

It's great that people want to buy multiple copies to support the series, but please don't anyone bankrupt themselves.

Had to cut myself off at 4 copies for now because 1) they're full retail rather than budget price like HD collection 2) slow season at work and don't want to even be putting $5 down on anymore pre-orders. One of them is fully pre-payed, 3 are at an outstanding balance--one should be an xmas gift from mother :)

November business will be picking up, though, so the delay benefited my wallet GREATLY. As of Tuesday I think I've succumbed to the urge for the Best Buy Steelbook edition. Going to wait til next month, though. Planning a walk-in purchase either on Black Friday if there's some sort of deal, or the week of xmas/new years (EDIT nope! Especially if I am lucky enough for LRG CE). Then, for my birthday around March I'll buy myself another haha

Last edited:
I understand people are sick of the dub, but in a weird sense, the original dub gave it an identity to its international audience (and Suzuki admitted to liking the dub back in the day). Considering that more than one language is possible by present technology, I think a lot of fans would prefer to hear the game in its native language. I wish I could go, but I have work and in no position to switch shifts with anyone lol.

As for Sega showcasing it, technically, they still own the property and they loaned it to Suzuki. Suzuki admitted a long time ago that Sega would give him the license if he came up with the money himself. Does this mean Sega is officially back to promote Shenmue? Are they part of its Japanese release? I guess time can only tell.

As for Sega showcasing it, technically, they still own the property and they loaned it to Suzuki. Suzuki admitted a long time ago that Sega would give him the license if he came up with the money himself. Does this mean Sega is officially back to promote Shenmue? Are they part of its Japanese release? I guess time can only tell.

Sega and Koch Media (Deep Silver) are publishing and distribution partners for a long time.
Koch Media is the distributor for pretty much every retail Sega game in Europe,
thats why at events like Gamescom Sega games are always in the hall of Koch Media. there is no Sega hall,
Sega is always in the Koch Media hall.
So it makes sense that Sega is helping out Koch Media now at a japanese event
because besides Shenmue 3 Koch Media doesnt have any own japanese games
and Shenmue 3 is a part of Sega and Koch Media.
So why send two companies?

I think for now this has absolutely nothing to do with a special Sega promotion
or Sega as a publisher or Sega being back for Shenmue 4. Sega is helping out
because it wouldnt make any sense to send Deep Silver for just one game
when the IP owner is japanese and a official partner. All of this coming stuff, what Sega or Sony will show,
is still arranged with Koch Media.

If they redo Gamescom trailer with Japanese, which is 40% chance minimum, then I assume they'll be wait for a launch week to do the final big kickoff trailer.

-Reasons for rehash trailer: quick turnaround from Gamescom, not enough time during final push of tweaks.
-Reason for new trailer: first or second biggest show in world, let alone Asia--should have a big presence there near to launch

Either way, crossing my fingers for some new b-roll and/or articles from TGS at the very least, if not Paris Games week, as well.

I think its time to give newcomers a trailer that actually shows a tale of revene.

The last trailer where mainly a video where ryo talks about thugs that black mail shopowners! There was no Meat to the bone for newcomers.

The Ryo and Master trailer was the same thing. All it gave us was confermation that investigation will be part of S3 and a small glimps of ryo fighting.

I believe newcomers needs to see something drastic if it shall apeal to them.
Talk about the legend of the mirror, show some footage of the villain and his motives, show some remade clips from iwao getting killed. Show them something that will make the trailer stock because you have to take into consideration that they will only watch the trailer once and have to Remember the game when they see it in the store.

I tried showing the trailers to some potential newcomers Who has never played the originals and none of them seems to grasp whats the big fuzz is.

For us, subjectivly then the trailers are awsome, but we know the story so far and find joy in just seeing a moderen ryo.

Back