SEGA will host the Shenmue III event in their own booth at TGS!

Koch Media / Deep Silver were never at TGS with their own booth i think,
they just retweet everything from Sega US and Sega Europe
because Koch Media has no self funded japanese or asian games.
But since Sega and Koch Media are already partners for years and they are even partners for Yakuza and Shenmue,
Sega probably said dont worry about it, we will bring Shenmue 3 with us.

As far as I am hearing, it seems to be that Deep Silver is publishing the game in Japan, and Sega are in charge of PR and distribution. I am not 100% sure, let me check with Esra.

Edit: Yep, that's the deal.
I hope that in a turn of events Sega will do a better PR than Deep Silver

Very cool, even if it’s only on the partners line up and not the Sega Line up, it’s still very welcome news.

Nice to see SEGA not avoiding Shenmue III. Maaaaybe, just maaaaybe, this is a start of a nice relationship between SEGA and YsNet for Shenmue IV. HEY, let me dream.

I'd have to obtain a copy
Not sure if they have the Sega logo, EA games are distribuited by Sega in Japan and no sign of Sega logo in the covers :/

EDIT: Also, there will be any kind of conference or the Stage thing is just that they will be doing some kind of Nintendo Tree kind of thing?

even if Sega would be the distributor for Japan, there wont be any Sega logo on the cover
and i doubt that Sega is the publisher for Japan because there is absolutely no sign for this on the japanese version
and Deep Silver already has a japanese publishing partner for all their other games.
so this event is probably just a japanese partner help thing, same as Koch Media is the helping hand for Sega in Europe.
(thats why for example Sega games are always in the hall of Koch Media at Gamescom)

Back