SEGA will host the Shenmue III event in their own booth at TGS!

Anyone else from the forum going to TGS?

This is excellent news. I can see some people remembering Shenmue and Sega and thinking 'that's no longer a thing, it's dead now' but seeing it spring back at TGS could ignite their interest again in the series. I'm sure many know Shenmue is back already but I guess you never know? Who knows until the game comes out really but yeah excellent news for Shenmue.

even if Sega would be the distributor for Japan, there wont be any Sega logo on the cover

If that piece of information really comes from Esra Krabbe, it should be pretty reliable, so it seems Sega are the distributor for Japan. Kind of like Sega are publishing in Europe but DS is handling distribution of physical media for them, just the other way around.

There's no Deep Silver logo on any Sega-published and DS-distributed PAL version games I own, so I guess you are right about the Japanese S3 probably not getting a Sega logo, but a man can dream, can't he? ?

Regardless, Sega getting actively involved in S3, even if it is only distribution and PR. Now we know why it took so long for S3 to find a Japanese publisher. DS were probably negotiating with Sega all the time and in the end they reached this setup with DS publishing and Sega doing distribution and PR.

Now if we could just have a joint statement and announcement of Shenmue 4, with Sega back on board, that would be great.

Even though I think it's way too early to even entertain this idea, it's nice to think about. I'm really happy to see that Sega is embracing Shenmue III in a way. Maybe they finally see just how much money the series can make people love the series.

Not to be a downer but I don't think this really means much in the way of SEGA getting back on the Shenmue train. SEGA have had a good relationship with Deep Silver from the beginning, they distribute each other's games and have been doing so for years...I don't think being a 'Partner' in their TGS booth/presentation is a sign of anything. It is nice to see though.

There is something comforting about seeing Shenmue on a Sega stage again. :) It's like a nice homecoming of sorts.

Even if it's just a stage showing and nothing more, it's still nice to see the two together again, since there is so much of Sega wrapped into Shenmue as is. It just feels like a nice homecoming. (of sorts)

Hopefully we get another new trailer (would be nice if they dropped one final "story" trailer just to give a clearer tease of the story as a whole)

Wish I were in Tokyo to see it in person.

I guess this means Sony ain't really much of a marketing partner anymore...although I guess they really haven't been since Deep Silver stepped in.

i'm with orient on this one.
Shenmue 3 is at the Sega booth because thats the biggest asian partner of Koch Media
and there is no need for Koch Media to fly to Japan just for one game
if they have a partner there who can easily take over one more game. This is exactly the same thing with Gamescom,
Koch Media is the biggest european partner of Sega, thats why all Sega games are always in the Koch Media hall.
That doesnt really have anything to do with interest or whatever, Koch Media doesnt show Sega games at Gamescom
because they love every Sega game, its because they are business partners.
Sure, Sega could be interested in Shenmue 4 or whatever, but this TGS thing is absolutely no clear sign.

This is excellent news. I can see some people remembering Shenmue and Sega and thinking 'that's no longer a thing, it's dead now' but seeing it spring back at TGS could ignite their interest again in the series. I'm sure many know Shenmue is back already but I guess you never know? Who knows until the game comes out really but yeah excellent news for Shenmue.

Right on top of the Yakuza 7 reception being mixed (As far as the combat is concerned). Really can't stress how great the timing is for Shenmue to thrive.

Shenmue was announced on Sony's TGS Line-up:
  • SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
  • Shenmue III (Koch Media / Deep Silver) – Trailer
  • Star Ocean: First Departure R (Square Enix) – Trailer
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Orrder (EA) – Trailer

Looks like it could be a new Trailer too! :p

This is Yu's chance , you'd best believe he's going hard. Sales will ultimately decide if Sega think its worth it. Buy 2 copies and more for your friends everybody lol!

I already did my part. Got physical PS4 Version via Slacker backer, the Collectors edition from Gameware and a digital ps4 version.

Thanks for the infos Vivi Gamer. Really good news that Shenmue 3 is featured at the Sony Show too. The more attention the better.

Hate to burst the bubble some, but Sony aren't holding a press conference at TGS this year. They'll be doing stage shows and probably livestreams, however.

Back