Sega's sequel to Sakura war 6 takes place 70 years later...

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
As a moba:

And...to promote it Sega commissioned an original OVA free for viewing on their official youtube channel:

I think the platform exclusivity and audience choice made SW6 flopped pretty hard for Sega. Hence the low budget sequel. :(

But the anime is nice and smooth, and a modernized throwback to the old style. A bit nostalgic, if you've seen the old animated shows.

Or the tite Kubo+3DCGI was a bad choice in design alienating the old fanbase. As some speculations goes.

It flopped I bought it though...

Sega really misread the crowd. Platform exclusivity was a bad idea. A lot of Sega fans wants it on the PC/Switch as well. Would've broke even if they've tried 2-3 platform instead of just one. VN-dating sims are huge on steam/PC so excluding that was a huge blunder since Sega didn't research the market thorughly.

You can not have ready a mobile game in 3-6 months, so that was decided even before releasing ST6, so hard to believe that in the period between launching the game and today they can have this ready. We have to get use to transmedia and that mobile maket does not mean "cheap sequel"...

So is that one of those waifu gacha game? I thought that market was super competitive in Japan so I don't know if it will go well for SEGA...

Back