Shenhau's Outfit is Changable

I haven't unlocked any outfits yet. I died twice on the story DLC boss and thought...y'know what, I'll do this on another playthrough, along with the Merry Cruise stuff. Will give me more incentive to go back.

As for Shenhua's old clothes vs new clothes, old design vs new design, I barely thought about it while playing. The visuals in general are so vastly different from 1 and 2 that my brain had no issues with her looking different.

I know.

Shenhua's radical, unsolicited, unwarranted, shocking redesign it my biggest issue with the game.

I remember in 2017 I held out hope that the banana suit was just temporary... but alas it was permanent.

I never would have guessed in a million years that Shenhua would be changed for S3 and I can't understand why they did what they did.

True, as good as 3 was for me, and as charming as she is in 3...
I just checked out the finale of 2 to refresh my memory. Man... it has just such a somehow timeless quality... if they can bring this and a bit of mystery/magic to part 4 and improve from 3, we are in for a treat.
Why they couldn't let Shenhua a bit more Tomboy farmgirlish is beyond me. Some promo pictures showed her more like she is in 3 now, though.
Wasn't there costume dlc rumored? I guess it's not coming anymore.
Please let us select in 4 which one to wear, and we're good.

Last edited:
It’s really a missed opportunity they didn’t have her original outfit as DLC or item you can earn.
Exactly! Such a shame. I missed her original costume. I'm playing III now once againg, trying out everything, talking to everyone. But I must say this: The clothes for Ryo is absolutely amazing. So many nice looking jackets! Every jacket must be kept for IV

funny thing is when she is wearing the green outfit in New Game plus Bailu Village, when you leave her home, she waves to you from her window . Normally she comes out to the yard to see you off.

That happened to me on my first playthrough with the normal outfit.

It's weird, I see that not that many people had this second cutscene of her saying goodbye to you. I don't know if I had a bug or not, but the cutscene when I was leaving the house was changing often between these two.

That happened to me on my first playthrough with the normal outfit.

It's weird, I see that not that many people had this second cutscene of her saying goodbye to you. I don't know if I had a bug or not, but the cutscene when I was leaving the house was changing often between these two.
Same here. Maybe it has something to do with how often you talk to Shenhua? I don't know.

Back