Shenmue 1 Optional Scenes?

Hey guys, I beat Shenmue 1 & 2 HD over the last week and I felt like playing them over again after a long 3 day break lol. I realize I missed many optional cutscenes (accidentally) that involve Nozomi at the park (I realize this has to be done on or after Dec 26 (I beat the game on Dec 18)) but there are scenes in which she comes to your house and calls you at home and also friends coming to visit. I've tried looking up info on this on old game websites and forums but they all refer to "after disc 1," "at the start of disc 2" which is not helpful as I never played the original on Dreamcast so I don't know what parts of the story they are referring to. If anyone can please add descriptive and concrete times/dates/occurrences of these events so I can have a complete experience I'd be very grateful! Thanks!

I’ve yet to play Shenmue HD but I did get the cutscene where your friends pay you a visit at home on the Dreamcast.

I got this cutscene by agreeing to help the lady at the lunch stand at the harbour who asks me to look for Mai. Rather than go to the back of warehouse no.17, I wait ‘till the evening and then go home. That’s when I get the cutscene.

I don’t know the exact date but if memory serves me correct it was in either January or February(game time).

I'll upload a pdf of the shenmue 1 prima guide. I used it on my recent playthrough. Got all the scenes.
The friends visting house you need to go one of the bars at the start of disc 2 to get a message from Fuku-San, then go home.

Edit: Here is the link: https://ufile.io/5h33t
It will also tell you how to get the other fight with Enoki behind the flats on disc 1.
If anyone got the pdf for the Shenmue 2 prima guide I'd love a upload.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I'll upload a pdf of the shenmue 1 prima guide. I used it on my recent playthrough. Got all the scenes.
The friends visting house you need to go one of the bars at the start of disc 2 to get a message from Fuku-San, then go home.

Edit: Here is the link: https://ufile.io/5h33t
It will also tell you how to get the other fight with Enoki behind the flats on disc 1.
If anyone got the pdf for the Shenmue 2 prima guide I'd love a upload.

View attachment 1050
This is amazing! Thanks so much!

Also worth noting that the first Nozomi cutscene doesn't occur "after Disc 1", despite what the Perfect Guide says; it occurs after being ambushed by Charlie, so can also occur on Disc 1.

Oh shit, I'm literally RIGHT THERE in the game when I last saved. I was wondering about the friends scene and how to get it. I missed out on a few story cut-scenes due to glitches, so I was thinking about replaying from my last save. Thanks to this thread, now I can get the friends cut-scene too.

The guide is great but it lists events out of order frequently so you have to read ahead many steps and piece together which order of events to do first. Already made a few mistakes, even with the guide. Will have to do another playthrough sometime to get the full 100% experience.

Back