Shenmue 2 Help!!!

Hey guys I've been recently playing Shenmue 2 and have been trying to go for a complete run. I ran into a problem though. I'm trying to get the brawling uppercut skill from Delin in the pier. I'm on the last day at Hong Kong and after trying to work in the pier to learn the move. However, Delin won't teach me the move after I do the job... Is there a certain threshold/amount of boxes I need to move to get access to the move or am I just locked out forever? I'll probably keep going even if I am, but that would totally suck. Thanks!

Hey guys I've been recently playing Shenmue 2 and have been trying to go for a complete run. I ran into a problem though. I'm trying to get the brawling uppercut skill from Delin in the pier. I'm on the last day at Hong Kong and after trying to work in the pier to learn the move. However, Delin won't teach me the move after I do the job... Is there a certain threshold/amount of boxes I need to move to get access to the move or am I just locked out forever? I'll probably keep going even if I am, but that would totally suck. Thanks!

I don’t think it will trigger on the last day in HK.

I don't think it have anything to do with work but story, I saw on shenmue master (fr) that you can learn it when you need 500 HK Dollars for Ren, I also think from my last play that you learn it around the search for Ren.
Yeah, It happens when you are looking for 500 HK Dollars. It doesn't work on the last day in Hong Kong, because it triggers another event and you can only say goodbye.

Can confirm the above posters are correct.

It doesn't necessarily have to be while you're looking for $500, you can do it anytime between being ambushed at Beverly Hills Wharf (you're allowed out once you have to look for $500, so this is why it's common to do it here), and meeting Ren in Pigeon Park.

In my "All Major Sidequests" speedrun I do this after meeting Ren in his warehouse and passing the CQTE - Ren asks you to meet him in Fortune Pier anyway, so that's a good opportunity.

Somehow on my last play through I already had $500 when I got to Beverly Hills Wharf, and it immediately took me to Ren in the warehouse. Ended up missing this because I hadn’t saved in a while and didn’t want to replay it.

Somehow on my last play through I already had $500 when I got to Beverly Hills Wharf, and it immediately took me to Ren in the warehouse. Ended up missing this because I hadn’t saved in a while and didn’t want to replay it.

You don't necessarily miss this if you already have $500, you can still go to Delin when Ren asks you to meet him in Fortune Pier.

Reminds me of a false memory I had while playing again after taking a long year+ Shenmue hiatus about a decade ago: was absolutely certain the game gave a YES-NO action selector, so when I already had 500, I planned to select NO to cruise around another day or two, but was automatically brought to the meeting. Makes the 2nd disc super short if you have the money already :/

Back