Shenmue 2 Interactive Demo

Favourite title
Shenmue
For anyone who is looking to collect all things Shenmue for their collection I wanted to share that you can play the original Shenmue 2 Demo version on the original Xbox game 'Kakuto Chojin'. Kakuto Chojin is a poorly made fighting game but in it's menu is the interactive demo of Shenmue 2, which is kind of cool to see a demo version of the game. Also, on another poorly made original Xbox fighting game called 'Tao Feng Fist of the Lotus' is the Shenmue 2 advertisement demo before it's release that I cannot seem to find anywhere online. Both of these subpar titles can be purchased for under $10 USD.

Also, on another poorly made original Xbox fighting game called 'Tao Feng Fist of the Lotus' is the Shenmue 2 advertisement demo before it's release that I cannot seem to find anywhere online. Both of these subpar titles can be purchased for under $10 USD.
This one? This is on the Jet set radio future/sega gt disc.

There are several Xbox demos of Shenmue II, OXM US 10, 15, and 16 contain either demos or trailers, The Kakuto CHojin game, SEGA GT/JSRF pack in disc, OXM UK 14 and 15, the Ultimate Halo Companion DVD Set, as well as OXM UK's 20 Playable Demos Disc, which was a 2003 release, I believe. I know there are more, as i have seen numerous foreign OXM demo discs, but these are the ones I have in my collection. Always interesting to see these demos, as I remember several threads on the old Dojo where it was commonly believed by many that no playable demos of IIx were ever even made.

EDIT: There is also a Shenmue II demo on one of the Xbox Exhibition discs as well. I will be looking into getting a copy of the Tao Feng game you mentioned. :)

Update:
I went ahead and ripped them from my discs. (I am bored and needed something to do)

-Kakuto Chojin has a demo:
Launch application.xbe on a modded xbox or JTAG/RGH 360 (or rename it to default.xbe if you want to load it from a game menu via a hacked dashboard)
Note that the build of KC I have is the original version build that still had the monk chants (not sure if the second build has different demos but unlikely)

-Tao Feng is just an XMV video which probably loads in VLC Media Player.

I have a full NTSC xbox set if anyone wants me to rip the other demos (I recall one being the QTE sequence where Zhang gets kidnapped)
Enjoy

Last edited:
Back