Shenmue 3: $34.99 on Black Friday @ Best Buy

**Mod Note: Threads Merged**
He says backers are mad at this, well, are we? I'm certainly not. It means the game will sell more and it might attract new fans. I think it's a great move.

One of the more creative clickbaits lol. People like this get on my nerves, attempting to speak for the wider community and cause outrage. Ignore it

Yeah, I just can't see how a temporary price cut - at launch where the numbers matter no less, could ever be a bad thing. I'm almost certain that the lower price will absolutely tempt a lot of people who are on the fence about it to pick it up.

It's rather insane for a backer to be mad at a developer over a retailer choosing to run a sale for the retail version of a game. YsNet has zero control over this. The alternative is to just not sell the game and just release it only to backers, which is also insane.

As a backer, I don't give a damn about any of this and just want the game to do well. I wish these "Angry Backers" (if they actually exist) would want the same, and should get over their entitlement complexes if they don't.

Rant over.

I saw one Kickstarter post and one Tweet about how disgraceful the one day sale price is. People really do just go out of their way to bash this game any way they can.

Shenmue 3 on sale $1.99 for 2 weeks lets go!!!!

Better to sale 3 copies with less margin than 1 full price, and at that price a lot of people will bite

It depends on the margin. 3 copies at a $5 profit is not better than one copy at a $20 profit, for example.

I'm not saying the discount is a bad thing at all, I'm just saying it's not as simple as "more copies sold = better".

xatruio makes a good point that it's often the retailer that takes the bulk of the cut in profit, so it's all good.

I saw one Kickstarter post and one Tweet about how disgraceful the one day sale price is. People really do just go out of their way to bash this game any way they can.

Oh goddamnit... I thought nobody would actually be mad about this.

I'm tired of all this bashing too. It's getting ridiculous.

Shenmue 3 comes out in little over a week.

Why give the limelight to a handful of sad, unemployed losers on the internet who are pretending to be traumatised over a retailer's price cut for a video game because their lives are just that empty and miserable?

I'm really hoping i wake up semi-early enough to secure a copy online for in-store pickup. No way I'm waiting in line, I fucking hate shopping enough as it is, let alone black friday/holidays. Double oof.

My friend just called Best Buy. Apparently if you Pre-order Shenmue III & Pick it up on the day (To get the Steelbook), you'll pay full price but if you Keep hold of your receipt & go back on the Days of Black Friday Deal (Thurs-Saturday 28th-30th) you'll get refunded the difference! :) After all I'm spending on Shenmue III this will certainly help!

Brilliant, thanks for pointing this out (there's a reason I'm still lurking in the non-spoiler forum)! I'd think BB is taking the cut here, so it's win win.

I'm actually now inclined to buy a second copy for an on-the-fence friend; if he doesn't play it, I guess I'll pit blow him to death and end up with two copies.

Went to BB today to preorder my third copy. The manager told me there are absolutely no price adjustments during the black Friday sale. So who knows.

I'm tired of this stupid outrage culture online! Why is this a big deal? Hey, I'm so sorry that this game will be released close to Black Friday along with logically discounting the game for a short while to boost sales so hopefully you get to see the 4th game! Many of these kids in adult bodies don't understand business sense! It is what it is! They act like this is some kind of plan to screw them over! I think some of these people complaining who have bought it are being cheap asses about it! I mean who gives a shit?! People whine over nothing these days. Let's not forget the whole Day 1 patch too! I hate online culture these days, then again it was never paradise, but it was better and quieter, but social media made it way worse!

Yet this is the same generation that thinks they're better than the last ones. The arrogance is actually embarrassing. There is sure one thing they lack, and that is the mental toughness of the last generations. People are so soft and so mentally weak these days. We have a culture that fetishizes mental and emotional weakness which is so upside down and inverted! That is why we have issues like this.

Last edited:
Need for Speed will be on sale on BF and it's not even out yet. No big deal and it will still be profit for Deep Silver at $35. It will get it's initial week one sales then a good black friday sale will give it a boost because 2nd week sales for niche series historically drop off like a rock.

Back