Shenmue 3 Backer Credits (video link)

Doesn't seem to be a subgroup for the world telecom card buyers from what I can tell..
This makes things more difficult.

Couldn't help but think of a certain Curb Your Enthusiasm episode immediately after seeing those "Generous Backer" credits.

I'm sure fans of the show will know which episode I'm referring to! :ROFLMAO:

I saw Shaquille O'Neal! XD

EDIT* And I found my name; its so long, its all one word, first and both last names lol

Okay I watched this version of the credits:
It's timed a bit differently and I'm too lazy to find the new timing. BUT CHECK THIS OUT! At 18:06, second row near the bottom. Somebody is proposing through Shenmue III! Now, I find that a bit bizarre and I wonder if he really waited this long to propose, but there it is!

Took me a few tries, especially as it's 6:36am and I haven't slept, rendering me effectively blind, but I finally found myself. Almost exactly two minutes in, and all correctly spelt. Feels surreal.

Okay I watched this version of the credits:
It's timed a bit differently and I'm too lazy to find the new timing. BUT CHECK THIS OUT! At 18:06, second row near the bottom. Somebody is proposing through Shenmue III! Now, I find that a bit bizarre and I wonder if he really waited this long to propose, but there it is!
Christ, can you imagine the scenario?

Dude: "Hey, I know you think video games are for babies, and you would much rather I gave all my attention to you instead, but you're gonna love this."
Yvonne: "*sigh* What is it?"
Dude: "It's a surprise."
Yvonne: "Do I have to?"
Dude: "Yeah, yeah - I promise you, you're gonna love it!"
Yvonne: "*sigh* Alright, fine."
Dude: "Okay, just gimme a second to set this up."
Yvonne: "Is this gonna take long? Can we not just watch a movie or something?"
Dude: "No, no - trust me, you will freak out when you see it! Just gimme a sec here...
Yvonne: "Why are we watching the credits?"
Dude: "You'll see. Just-- I promise, just wait."
Yvonne: "Is this gonna be something stupid like your name in the credits?"
Dude: "No, no, no - it's not that. Just wait. Please"
Yvonne: "I'm not sitting through all the credits just to see whatever it is you want me to see. Just tell me what it is or fast forward to it so we can get this over with."
Dude: "Please, just... please. You're gonna love it."
Yvonne: "You keep saying I'm gonna love it, but I really don't care at this point. You know how I feel about your video games, so what is even the point in this? Just so I can see your name in the credits? Ohhhh, big whoop."
Dude: "Okay, I'll fast forward to a couple of minutes before it."
Yvonne: "You know what? I'm done. You obviously care more about yourself and your stupid video games that you do about me."
Dude: "Oh, come on; don't be like that. Fine, I'll go to th--
Yvonne: "I don't even wanna hear it. I'm done with you. Seven months was all it took for your true self to come out. I should have known, but stupid little me stuck it out because I thought we had something special."
Dude: "But we do! We do have something special! That's what I'm doing right now; this is all for you!"
Yvonne: "I can't do this any more. I'm going over to Christie's and I don't wanna hear from you ever again."
Dude: "Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Please don't be like that, babe. I--"
Yvonne: "STOP CALLING ME BABE! I'M NOT YOUR 'BABE'! We're over. Goodbye."
Dude: "BUT, YVONNE, I'M YOUR R! YVOOOOOONNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!"

If you're reading this, Mr "Your R," tell Yvonne to PM me. I'll make sure she gets a ring on her finger, and it ain't gonna be made of precious metal and diamonds, that's for sure.

Took some digging but found my name. Thank God they split it up by tier.

Thanks for posting the vid. 😁

I found mine. It must be sorted by time of backing after tier? I jumped on early so I'm on the first page of the capules tier.

Christ, can you imagine the scenario?

Dude: "Hey, I know you think video games are for babies, and you would much rather I gave all my attention to you instead, but you're gonna love this."
Yvonne: "*sigh* What is it?"
Dude: "It's a surprise."
Yvonne: "Do I have to?"
Dude: "Yeah, yeah - I promise you, you're gonna love it!"
Yvonne: "*sigh* Alright, fine."
Dude: "Okay, just gimme a second to set this up."
Yvonne: "Is this gonna take long? Can we not just watch a movie or something?"
Dude: "No, no - trust me, you will freak out when you see it! Just gimme a sec here...
Yvonne: "Why are we watching the credits?"
Dude: "You'll see. Just-- I promise, just wait."
Yvonne: "Is this gonna be something stupid like your name in the credits?"
Dude: "No, no, no - it's not that. Just wait. Please"
Yvonne: "I'm not sitting through all the credits just to see whatever it is you want me to see. Just tell me what it is or fast forward to it so we can get this over with."
Dude: "Please, just... please. You're gonna love it."
Yvonne: "You keep saying I'm gonna love it, but I really don't care at this point. You know how I feel about your video games, so what is even the point in this? Just so I can see your name in the credits? Ohhhh, big whoop."
Dude: "Okay, I'll fast forward to a couple of minutes before it."
Yvonne: "You know what? I'm done. You obviously care more about yourself and your stupid video games that you do about me."
Dude: "Oh, come on; don't be like that. Fine, I'll go to th--
Yvonne: "I don't even wanna hear it. I'm done with you. Seven months was all it took for your true self to come out. I should have known, but stupid little me stuck it out because I thought we had something special."
Dude: "But we do! We do have something special! That's what I'm doing right now; this is all for you!"
Yvonne: "I can't do this any more. I'm going over to Christie's and I don't wanna hear from you ever again."
Dude: "Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Please don't be like that, babe. I--"
Yvonne: "STOP CALLING ME BABE! I'M NOT YOUR 'BABE'! We're over. Goodbye."
Dude: "BUT, YVONNE, I'M YOUR R! YVOOOOOONNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!"

If you're reading this, Mr "Your R," tell Yvonne to PM me. I'll make sure she gets a ring on her finger, and it ain't gonna be made of precious metal and diamonds, that's for sure.

And as soon as she slams the door and drives away, the proposal scrolls by on the TV while R is sobbing in a corner.

Why isn't it alphabetical? Oh god.

EDIT: Took me just over 15 minutes but found my name. Neat! 12 year old me would freak the fuck out if he saw this. I mean, I doubt anyone else will read most of our names for those of us not in the very top tiers, but it does not matter. We are forever immortalised in Shenmue 3 and that never changes.

Last edited:
I found mine. It must be sorted by time of backing after tier? I jumped on early so I'm on the first page of the capules tier.

The Kickstarter site was getting DoS'd after the announcement. But, I put my pledge in as fast as possible under the network conditions and then eventually raised it to a higher level. I was near the top of the tier in the credits, so I do think it was based on the time you first pledged. First sorted by tier and then by speed.

Back