Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

Bit disappointed with the quality of the Collectors Edition. Not fussed about the stickers and the patches. The 'mirror' is just made of plastic and 50% sized at about the size of a minidisc (remember them! Ha). The light box is really cool though.

Perhaps I was expecting too much.

well, heres the last update im giving on this because im going the chargeback route. gamestop manager said the following:

1.) There is no pre-order physical item, you're wrong.
2.) Regardless of the archived website indicating that there was, it doesn't say it on the website now so you're wrong.
3.) Even if there was one, its while supplies last so assume we are all out.

Good luck guys. Should've trusted my gut and not ordered through them. Won't make this mistake ever again.

I KNEW IT! I didnt screenshot it. Im not crazy after all. Do what I did and enter a ticket. If they dont acknowledge this by sending the medallion im returning the favor and sending an empty box back plus getting a refund.

Hang on, am I understanding this correctly? You preordered the game which was meant to include the medallion. The game arrived but no medallion. GameStop won’t be sending you the medallion so you’re returning an empty box, keeping the game disc and putting through a chargeback so you get a refund and essentially you get the game disc for free? Am I getting that right?

Bit disappointed with the quality of the Collectors Edition. Not fussed about the stickers and the patches. The 'mirror' is just made of plastic and 50% sized at about the size of a minidisc (remember them! Ha). The light box is really cool though.

Perhaps I was expecting too much.

The best parts of the CE are the lightbox, which I do like a lot, and the red fancy box. Although GAME did send me the steelbook as an extra free of charge so that was nice too. The mirror medallion is nice enough but is quite small.

Hang on, am I understanding this correctly? You preordered the game which was meant to include the medallion. The game arrived but no medallion. GameStop won’t be sending you the medallion so you’re returning an empty box, keeping the game disc and putting through a chargeback so you get a refund and essentially you get the game disc for free? Am I getting that right?
In a fit of anger, yeah sure that's an option but in reality I'm just sending it back.

Anyway, I opened a dedicated thread so the problem can be seen more and the conversation directed there without further messing up this thread. I don't have much more to say on this as I've wasted enough time on the phone with GS and I can tell it's going nowhere. Good luck!

Last edited:
I got my LRG today. I am keeping it sealed for now. No real space to display the insides. I’ll let you guys know if it’s for sale. I wouldn’t want to offer it on EBay or elsewhere before offering to a fan.

I got my LRG today. I am keeping it sealed for now. No real space to display the insides. I’ll let you guys know if it’s for sale. I wouldn’t want to offer it on EBay or elsewhere before offering to a fan.

is the only difference between the LRG and the CE edition the DC case? Everything else seems to be the same going by their website.

Man, I really want the LR version for the embossed slip case and the DC case. I have the CE version but considering going onto eBay and paying scalper prices.

Did anyone order from the collections edition from studio? As my this haven’t arrived from them. I got an email notification saying the shipped but nothing has arrived.

Back