Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

I just discovered Amazon UK also delivers to germany. Will it run on my swiss ps4? (I live not far from the german border and could pick it up in Germany)
Does amazon charge the amount right away with pre-orders?

Physical PS4 games dont have any region lock. You can play every PS4 disc on every PS4 in every country.
you can also download game updates from any country for any game version.

BUT
DLC content is a completely different topic. you can not buy or activate DLC items
in a US or japanese game version if you are using a german PS4 account for example.
your account country has to match with the game version.

and there CAN be a differences in the language options. for example if you order a US version,
there is a chance that languages like italian or german or russian for example are not available.
but that depends on every product, there is no rule.

i dont know if every UK game version has german language as a option.

Thanks. English subtitles would be fine, I don't need German. But will the DLC work with a swiss account and the UK version from the collectors edition/physical backer version?
Do you know if we need to additionally buy the season pass stuff with these physical versions?

Stock statuses of all websites have been checked and updated. Lots of places going out of stock fast, so if you're mulling it over, you might want to jump on board soon.

Remember to leave a link in this thread if you find somewhere that isn't on the list (and specify which country it's relevant to) and it will be added to the OP & tracked.

Thanks. English subtitles would be fine, I don't need German. But will the DLC work with a swiss account and the UK version from the collectors edition/physical backer version?
Do you know if we need to additionally buy the season pass stuff with these physical versions?

thats very hard to tell.
i am german and i have two japanese games.
i can see all of the DLCs in the ingame shop BUT i cant buy anything because it doesnt load the store page.
and i cant enter any DLC codes from the box.
it only works if i switch my account to a japanese one. then it loads the store page and everything correctly.

BUT i also have physical PS4 game version from french and spanish shops (PEGI)
and there is no problem, i can activate and see everything with my german PSN account.

maybe its okay as long as its a "european version?" i really dont know.

I guess I’m stuck waiting until it either shows up in Amazon Australia or until Limited Run announces their pre orders. I live in Australia and thanks to tax laws, we’re forbidden from importing from Amazon UK, JP, US and so on

Just preorder from amazon. U can always cancel n get an instant refund later if you manage to grab it cheaper else where
One of them is from Amazon, the others are 365Games (which was considerably cheaper) and ShopTo (who seemed to have a strangely infinite stockpile!). I'm not sure that ShopTo will have the stock to honour all of their pre-orders, to be honest, so it's nice to have a couple of other options. Worst case scenario (or best case, depending on how you look at it) I'll have three copies coming, two of which will fall into the hands of people who likely wouldn't have thought about picking up the game otherwise.

I just wish base.com would hurry up with the pre-order as they are often very good priced. I've got it on Amazon just to be safe. I would go for 365games if they didn't insist on immediate payment.

i would order it on Amazon.uk because their shipping speed to other regions is pretty fast
but i cant use any of their payment methods.

I have a feeling limited run pre-orders will go live when I'm at work, and by the time I get home and see it, they'll be sold out.

Same. Not a fan of them. 4000 and 1000 copies isn’t anything substantial.

I wish we could order from amazon like everyone else.

Physical PS4 games dont have any region lock. You can play every PS4 disc on every PS4 in every country.
you can also download game updates from any country for any game version.

BUT
DLC content is a completely different topic. you can not buy or activate DLC items
in a US or japanese game version if you are using a german PS4 account for example.
your account country has to match with the game version.

and there CAN be a differences in the language options. for example if you order a US version,
there is a chance that languages like italian or german or russian for example are not available.
but that depends on every product, there is no rule.

i dont know if every UK game version has german language as a option.
I don’t suppose you know how save files work in this situation?

I’ll be picking up a Japanese copy of the game at launch while I wait for family in the UK to mail over a pal copy. Will I be able to continue where I left off when I swap versions or will I need to start from the beginning when the Pal copy arrives?

It still is as of right now on Amazon UK. That's top 10 of all formats currently! It was as high as number 3 on Saturday afternoon.

I just wish base.com would hurry up with the pre-order as they are often very good priced. I've got it on Amazon just to be safe. I would go for 365games if they didn't insist on immediate payment.

Yes the Prices at the base are really good. I am tempted to order the CE there too in case it is listed. But not completely sure if I really should chose it over Amazon.co.uk. The Prices at the base are really good , but it might get expensive with the shipping cost to Austria..

I noticed on the Amazon that the game case is pictured out side the pretty box, I wonder if that's how it will be Shipped - I've had that with a few Collectors Editions this generation:

Also, if that picture is to scale, that Lightbox will be a decent size :)

Back