Shenmue 3 coming to Xbox One via Rainway

Sonoshee

Account Removed at Users Request
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Cookie Cutter

"Rainway announced that they’ll be releasing the Rainway open beta for Xbox One. It’s available free of charge for Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X consoles, and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. This is exclusively for Xbox Beta testers for the moment, but will no doubt launch to all Xbox users in the future. Previously PC or PlayStation exclusive titles such as Nioh, Journey, Beyond Two Souls, Shenmue 3, Detroit: Become Human and more will be playable on the Xbox One for the first time. "

It's not coming to Xbox One then.

If it's playable on the Xbox One, then of course it is.
Doesn't matter if it's via an app, or as an actual Xbox One purchase.
You're still playing the game on the Xbox One.

Last edited:
It's not coming to Xbox One then. Basically you need to own the game on PC and you stream it from your PC to your Xbox.
She didn't say coming to Xbox one as a release, only via the app mentioned.

He's been a tad argumentative for sure :LOL:

No, you're streaming the game on the Xbox One. Following your logic, Shenmue III is also coming to Raspberry Pi, Mobile or even PSVita.

Even it did miraculously come to those platforms via the app, you'd still be PLAYING it on those platforms.
Your logic is what's not making any sense here: we know it streams from PC via the app, but you're playing it on the One.

Last edited:
He's been a tad argumentative for sure :LOL:

Even it did miraculously come to those platforms via the app, you'd still be PLAYING it on those platforms.
Your logic is what's not making any sense here: we know it streams from PC via the app, but you're playing it on the One.

There's no miracle.
Rainway is on iOS (mobile), Android (mobile/raspberry), and PS4 has remote play for Vita.

Also, you're saying I'm a tad "argumentative" but nothing in your thread title or thread itself explains why it's Rainway and might confuse some people.

The thread title literally says "coming to Xbox one VIA RAINWAY" and the post explains what that means. Not really sure why you're derailing the thread over semantic nonsense, Ghost.

No, the post doesn't explain what Rainway is or that it is streaming. The link inside explain that.

The title of the thread explains its via the Rainway app.

People are, of course, free to ask around it or clarify if they feel they need to. Hell I'd expect that given some may not know what it is

Let me be clear this arguementive tone stops over what is semantics, it's not misleading and all the information can be obtained

People can click on the link and work out what it is.

There's no miracle.
Rainway is on iOS (mobile), Android (mobile/raspberry), and PS4 has remote play for Vita.

If Shenmue 3 is available via the app on those devices, then yes, technically it *has* come to those platforms.
As I've already said, it doesn't matter if it's via a streaming app or an actual release, the fact you are playing it on those platforms means it's come to those platforms. We could agree to disagree on this 'til our faces turn blue.

No, the post doesn't explain what Rainway is or that it is streaming. The link inside explain that.

The link itself created a quoted box on the forum, where you can clearly see that Rainway is a game streaming service where you can play "PC and some PS4 games anytime and anywhere". I could understand your issue if I hadn't included a link. But there is and it is there to be clicked on where you can find all the information you need. People don't need to be treated like idiots, I'm sure they can work out how to click on a link.

Last edited:
If you can use an Xbox One controller - connected to the Xbox - then you can say Shenmue III is playable on it via this app.

If all you're doing is streaming the image to the Xbox, then you can watch your play session in progress on the Xbox via this app.

Haven't read a thing, but skimmed through a few posts about semantics n all that so felt it my duty to stick my nose in.

If Shenmue 3 is available via the app on those devices, then yes, technically it *has* come to those platforms.
As I've already said, it doesn't matter if it's via a streaming app or an actual release, the fact you are playing it on those platforms means it's come to those platforms. We could agree to disagree on this 'til our faces turn blue.

The link itself created a quoted box on the forum, where you can clearly see that Rainway is a game streaming service where you can play "PC and some PS4 games anytime and anywhere". I could understand your issue if I hadn't included a link. But there is and it is there to be clicked on where you can find all the information you need. People don't need to be treated like idiots, I'm sure they can work out how to click on a link.
That is flawed logic. Is like saying because you can add non steam games to steam (epic exclusives or emulators) that those games are coming to steam.

Look, I'm past trying to clarify myself any further.
Instead of being a meaningful discussion about the actual topic, it's decended into nitpicky bullshit.

I understood title and op, then looked up what Rainway is. Thanks for info and hope! I learnt something (and joined this cool forum) gonna keep playing though 1 and 2 again, hopefully by time im finished there'll be more updates on 3!

Last edited:
I understood title and op, then looked up what Rainway is. Thanks for info and hope! I learnt something (and joined this cool forum) gonna keep playing though 1 and 2 again, hopefully by time im finished there'll be more updates on 3!
Welcome!

Back