Shenmue 3 - Easy money in Niaowu (Patch 1.04)

I still have to go for the full capsule sets (for trophies) so I probably should get around to this before they lock it out like they did with the former money exploit (the former money exploit netted me both the 20.000 tokens and 10,000 yuan trophies)

I only used the old exploit to get the 500.000 tokens and some scroll moves after finishing all other Achievements.

They got rid of the reverse heal kick scroll exploit? I only used it because the other jobs in the game don't pay very much, the gambling favors the house like 10 to 1 and the scrolls and clothes are way overpriced.

If they fixed that stuff, I wouldn't have cheated.

They got rid of the reverse heal kick scroll exploit? I only used it because the other jobs in the game don't pay very much, the gambling favors the house like 10 to 1 and the scrolls and clothes are way overpriced.

If they fixed that stuff, I wouldn't have cheated.
I think the jobs pay OK and are fairly well-balanced when you consider the price of rent, food etc. But I agree that clothes and scrolls are too pricey. If they were a bit cheaper then the whole economy would feel a bit more balanced and encourage more people to actually go for all (or at least a lot) of the scrolls.

Herbs were my favourite way to make lots of cash, but they're a finite resource so you can't rely on making thousands over and over.

I make my money mostly by fishing and gambling. I have seperate gambling days when all I do is gamble and I can pretty reliably win 20 to 30 000 tokens per day. I think my best daily result was 100 000 tokens when I got lucky with one of the high odds lucky hit stands. Got almost 50 000 tokens from that game alone.

I've heard this was patched out. Not sure why they'd focus on that.

I'm not looking forward to the point where you're required to have 500,000 tokens. That's a lot.

Btw

My suggestion is to do the Rose Garden and fight every single fight including the 3-on-1s and then do that board once you’ve got a few thousand tokens. Rose Garden was the most fun way to earn tokens for me.

I tried that board extensively and I managed to land in the circle once on several occasions, but couldn't do it more than once in a single game.

I don't like gambling in real life and I don't like it in games either. Shenmue reminds me why when I lose repeatedly.

Fishing in Niaowu is a really easy way to make plenty of cash without having to gamble or use exploits. I got enough money from mostly fishing and a bit of gambling in my first playthrough, to never have to worry about buying expensive move scrolls etc,. I quite enjoyed the fishing so there is that. Behind the Save Shenmue building is probably the best place.

I tried that board extensively and I managed to land in the circle once on several occasions, but couldn't do it more than once in a single game.

I don't like gambling in real life and I don't like it in games either. Shenmue reminds me why when I lose repeatedly.
Weird. It costs 2,000 to max it out and I typically hit the jackpot on every try. If not it’s still worth it because I get 40-60K back when I win.

The way I got the 500,000 was by using the Lucky Hit stand in Golden Goose (man's face to the furthest right), x22. Btw is that guy on the forum?

2000 each time, if I didn't achieve it in 5 goes. Restart the save, got there in about 9 real hours.

If you think this is bad, wait til you try the 1000 fish trophy.

It was very nice with I bought out all the gem's and sold them.

You only need to win the Golden Goose board about five times to get enough yuan to move to the end of the game, so it’s really not that much of a grind. If you want the big trophy you might need to win about 20?

For me, it was getting 5 Lan Dis. There are tons of ways to make money easily. Shenmue 2 was even easier to get rich quick thanks to direct cash-for-cash gambling. It was all a matter of finding the right dice hall.
The only time I felt like I was grinding it was maxing out my health bar, and endurance training is supposed to feel like grinding anyway.

Back