spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Following a post by @Revan and twitter by @Kiske The Shenmue 3 FAQ page is open on the website.

It confirms that a Steam version will be coming. While there is currently no clarification on the Kickstarter backer PC version (do keep your eyes peeled as anything can happen) it is good to see the game will come over to Steam, likely after an timed exclusive deal.

https://shenmue3.deepsilver.com/us.html

For YS Net to salvage what remains of this game's reputation, I think the following needs to be done:
  1. Scour for someone in their office or on the street outside who is capable of writing a more professional worded email
  2. Once that's done, address the following in an update:
  • Shenmue 3 will come to Steam in the near future
  • Those who backed the Kickstarter/Slacker Backer will receive Steam discs
  • Offer a better explanation as to why this brief exclusivity deal with EPIC benefits the game e.g. funding for a Shenmue 4

Can folks calm down now?
Hell no. I ordered a PS4 copy and find this move disgusting. June 4th 2019, Kickstarter still had Steam on the system requirements for Shenmue III. The fans have been screwed over for a foul practicing and inferior digital games store. Waiting for that screwjob exclusivity window to expire is not fun for the people that brought Ryo out of the cave. I have infinite patience for the game being delayed for the sake of the game but this is absolute bullshit. I will calm down in my own way and time. Not by being buggered and telling myself it could hurt more.

Are we getting what we were promised now ?
As I said, I don't care if the game is sold only on Epic Store when it releases. I care about getting what I paid for.
I care insofar as EGS exclusivity will still hurt sales as well as our chances of S4, but at the very least this will ensure that the original backers are treated right.

Last edited:
When do they get it? The answer needs to be, for backers, at launch.

There is no other solution. You can't tell people to wait on what they selected and paid for. The fact that you saw dollar signs and went for it is irrelevant to those people.

This helps but does not address the matter directly. The controversy will continue until they do what needs be done.

Not defending Sega, but no, they had no obligation to do anything but the right thing; the right thing was handing the license to someone who is willing to make a game with it.

They did so, cutting their ties for the IP, FOR THIS GAME ONLY.

If it is a success and 4 will be made they best get their act together.

People won't exactly calm down - they'll just move along to the next "outrage." Tell them something like a character in Death Stranding has had her titties covered up for the Western release and they'll go apeshit on that game for a while. ;)

For maximum outrage, also tell people something like a character in Death Stranding has big titties and some random executive who works for the development team once 'liked' a right wing post on Twitter. That way we will simultaneously distract both the basement dwelling Gamergate alt-righters and the SJW Reseteras on the other end of the scale ;)

Sigh

Amidst all this controversy the only thing I can really say is that ALL of this could have been avoided if Sega would've just funded the game from the jump. I hate to say it but Sega, Shenmue is still your IP at the end of the day. Please offer some sort of assistance on Shenmue 4 and 5.

Contract Yu and ex Am2 members to work alongside what's left of Am2 and they will deliver guranteed. Am2 devs left at Sega still love this IP and Yu Suzuki. They have expressed wanting to work on another similar type of game project post S2. Sega needs to realize that AM2 is a never creatively bankrupt trend-setting leading AAA-force of a dev studio if their freedom is let loose upon the world again.

Need I remind some of Am2's legacy:

1.) VF pioneered & set-up the trend for 3d fighters.
2.) Am2's collection of "Ride-on" motion sensor cabinet games set the trend of motion-sensor games that eventually Ninty capitalize hugely with the Wii.
3.) Fighters Megamix(1996) was the prelude to inspiring SSB(1999)+Tekken's cross-franchise and guest char rosters.
4.) Virtua Cop made light-gun/3d rail shooter games a huge trend in the 90's.
5.) Modern-gaming and Open world genre pioneer.

No other studio to date has this level of top tier Auteurs & Avant-garde ideas.

"In the future" is utterly meaningless unless it happens on day one. No one is going to be happy waiting around for another year when we've already been waiting 4 years.

For maximum outrage, also tell people something like a character in Death Stranding has big titties and some random executive who works for the development team once 'liked' a right wing post on Twitter. That way we will simultaneously distract both the basement dwelling Gamergate alt-righters and the SJW Reseteras on the other end of the scale ;)

So true...

Contract Yu and ex Am2 members to work alongside what's left of Am2 and they will deliver guranteed. Am2 devs left at Sega still love this IP and Yu Suzuki. They have expressed wanting to work on another similar type of game project post S2. Sega needs to realize that AM2 is a never creatively bankrupt trend-setting leading AAA-force of a dev studio if their freedom is let loose upon the world again.

Need I remind some of Am2's legacy:

1.) VF pioneered & set-up the trend for 3d fighters.
2.) Am2's collection of "Ride-on" motion sensor cabinet games set the trend of motion-sensor games that eventually Ninty capitalize hugely with the Wii.
3.) Fighters Megamix(1996) was the prelude to inspiring SSB(1999)+Tekken's cross-franchise and guest char rosters.
4.) Virtua Cop made light-gun/3d rail shooter games a huge trend in the 90's.
5.) Modern-gaming and Open world genre pioneer.

No other studio to date has this level of top tier Auteurs & Avant-garde ideas.
Wish I had a big CRT to play some Virtua Cop, it seems like such a cool game and I couldn't fully appreciate it when I was younger. The death of analog and lack of convenient ports makes enjoying light gun games at home such a hassle these days... wish I wasn't poor, lmao. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back