Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit - have been beaten with the link!

1. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 382,540 (1,747,084)
  2. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 26,141 (290,081)
  3. [NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3 (Nintendo, 10/31/19) – 23,872 (258,919)
  4. [PS4] Shenmue III (Deep Silver, 11/21/19) – 17,857 (New)
  5. [PS4] Death Stranding (Limited Editions Included) (SIE, 11/08/19) – 12,520 (235,811)
  6. [PS4] Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Deluxe Edition Included) (Electronic Arts, 11/15/19) –
    10,321 (37,082)
  7. [NSW] Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (Sega, 11/01/19) – 8,826 (51,582)
  8. [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo, 10/05/18) – 8,576 (1,154,354)
  9. [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 8,512 (1,011,672)
  10. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 7,360 (2,533,458)
Is it good enough? tell me guys we have hope for a quality sequel please :)

Is it good enough? tell me guys we have hope for a quality sequel please :)
It’s hard to say at this point. Japanese hardware sales are down the toilet these days, with no games in the top ten breaking 10,000 sales a few times this year.

I’d say debuting at number four is good though. If it does that in the US, we’ll be laughing.

shenmue remasters sold twice better, this is what is really worrying for me
Very true, the remaster number are beating 3s at the moment. Is it because of Sega push? Either way, I don't know if this is particularly good. I've been telling you guys we are not passing 250k anytime soon.

The remasters came out for half the price of Shenmue 3. Look what happened to Shenmue 3 sales on Best Buy and Amazon when they lowered the price; they can't even keep stock. Full price seems like a risky bet for a game like this. I think people will try a '70' if it's priced accordingly.

I am extremely all for the optimism. I sincerely want Shenmue 3 to blaze the charts. But to not even hit 20k? Yes guys, I am worried. Just imagine the 2nd week drop. I don't know how well this bodes until some of our other members come and shed some light on it.

No doubt. It would've been nice to see it matching something like Death Stranding, but that just never seemed realistic to me. In all honesty, even that seems to have performed kind of poorly given how hyped it was. I think Japan's console market is shrinking.

I am extremely all for the optimism. I sincerely want Shenmue 3 to blaze the charts. But to not even hit 20k? Yes guys, I am worried. Just imagine the 2nd week drop. I don't know how well this bodes until some of our other members come and shed some light on it.
Worth pointing out that Famitsu had Shenmue HD’s week one sales at 19,701. Media Crate are the ones who said that it sold 37,529 - and it seems that they will be reporting similar figures for S3 fairly soon. Also worth noting that S1/2 had very little competition whereas S3 released very near to Death Stranding and Pokemon, the otter of which is massive here amongst all age groups. The PS4 has continued to suffer poor figures over here to the point where Shenmue 3 sold around twice as many units as the console itself.

Worth pointing out that Famitsu had Shenmue HD’s week one sales at 19,701. Media Crate are the ones who said that it sold 37,529 - and it seems that they will be reporting similar figures for S3 fairly soon. Also worth noting that S1/2 had very little competition whereas S3 released very near to Death Stranding and Pokemon, the otter of which is massive here amongst all age groups. The PS4 has continued to suffer poor figures over here to the point where Shenmue 3 sold around twice as many units as the console itself.
When does media crate numbers come out?

One question @tomboz what's the difference of credibility between the two sources over there?

One question @tomboz what's the difference of credibility between the two sources over there?
I can’t say that I know too much about Media Crate, if I’m honest. Sales figures aren’t something that usually concern me and that’s more or less all they seem to do.

I don’t think credibility is really an issue here, but would guess that each has their own methodology when tracking sales. It’s hard to draw too much from comparing Media Crate’s figures to Famitsu’s figures, but they do both seem to be in agreement that Shenmue 3 sold more or less as well as Shenmue 1 and 2 HD.

As Shenmue HD seems to have capped out around 50,000 cumulative sales, there is a slight cause for concern, but not knowing how many units the devs are targeting to secure S4, that in itself might not be too bad.

Also, there was around 4500 Japanese backers, so the main line here is: there is a market beyond the backers

Hey bro, how do I see the number of backers per country?

As Shenmue HD seems to have capped out around 50,000 cumulative sales, there is a slight cause for concern, but not knowing how many units the devs are targeting to secure S4, that in itself might not be too bad.

That's PS4 and XBox physical sales only in Japan?

It seems low, but I think its around 250K total, that wouldn't be a catastrophic number for Shenmue 3.

That's PS4 and XBox physical sales only in Japan?

It seems low, but I think its around 250K total, that wouldn't be a catastrophic number for Shenmue 3.
PS4 only, it was not released for Xbox there
Also worth noticing thar S1&2 had a collector edition over there and S3 not

PS4 only, it was not released for Xbox there
Also worth noticing thar S1&2 had a collector edition over there and S3 not

Also, S1&2 was sold at at half the price of S3 from launch.

When S3 launches at Steam and gets discounts, I think it will sell more than S1&2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back