Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
You
It's not about being right or not. It's about another user jumping at me completly off topic. You're taking on me for saying I wont engage with another poster that got agressive on me two times in a row and going completly off topic.

Now if you want to pursue, PMs are meant for this.

Jesus you're bloody relentless... You're so hyper negative 24/7 in these forums from day one when you joined.. I hate jumping into a thread and finding your contributions... We don't have ANY relevant sales information yet to make realistic assumptions on even indicative sales figures.... Other than a few 'hot take' articles based on a tiny sliver of information in a territory the game isn't even popular.

As such none of this discussion is productive or time well spent, which makes the seriousness of your childish aggressive behaviour even more pathetic... Christ almighty..

You

Jesus you're bloody relentless... You're so hyper negative 24/7 in these forums from day one when you joined.. I hate jumping into a thread and finding your contributions... We don't have ANY relevant sales information yet to make realistic assumptions on even indicative sales figures.... Other than a few 'hot take' articles based on a tiny sliver of information in a territory the game isn't even popular.

As such none of this discussion is productive or time well spent, which makes the seriousness of your childish aggressive behaviour even more pathetic... Christ almighty..

Because you're not looking for contribution nor discussion with such a mindset.
If you believe sales talk shouldn't happen yet, contact a mod and lock the thread.
(Btw I didnt even make an assumption on total sales of the game, so... What are you talking about ? Who are you talking to ?)

Sales thread is very pertinent, as sales will continue throughout the holiday season. It'll definitely move some copies this weekend. It isn't going to burn charts up, but it will sell.

A lot of people are quick to dismiss the digital aspect of sales here. I'll be quite frank--you can't really do that. Digital adoption has become a driving force in the medium.

53% of PS4 software sales from January to June 2019 were digital and this number will only go up with internet speeds, convenience, etc. That is over half of all sales.

In the UK, digital adoption for video games is over 80% according to info in January 2019.

Video game sales are expected to be 93% digital adoption by 2021. This is why things like Xcloud, PSNow and Stadia exist. It is a massive paradigm shift that has been a long time coming.

In the case of Shenmue, that could mean quite a few more sales; extra sales that the developer/publisher takes home a larger profit(no cost of manufacture there)

They are not counted in sales reports for some reason, but they probably will be at some point in the future.

There’s also the Black Friday sales to take into account. They were practically pre-advertising the game was getting a price cut for Black Friday...so how many people simply held out from Day 1 and bought it during Black Friday? If I wasn’t a fan but was still somewhat interested, I know I wouldn’t bother buying it Day 1 when they’re practically telling me I can wait a week or so and get it a fair bit cheaper.

American Sales are the one I’m interested to see...if it charts at all in the NPD, I’ll be happy...also UK sales from the Black Friday period should be interesting to see if it spiked at all.

It didn’t have reviews Day 1...it didn’t have a ton of hype Day 1. I feel like we’ve gotten a smattering of good reviews. Yeah, the major sites haven’t been kind to it. But there have been some good reviews out there...The Guardian gave it a 4 out of 5 today among others so maybe those good reviews will help encourage people as well...it’ll be interesting to see if it drops or spikes over the next week. Considering it was briefly sold out on Amazon.

Curious to see if the Media Create number is at 30k. I know they don't put numbers out anymore, but I swear I remember someone associating 30k with Shenmue3. Guess we'll find out soon

This is dumb, but I feel like Koch Media and Deep Silver wouldn’t be posting things like this if everything was all in shambles.

Curious to see if the Media Create number is at 30k. I know they don't put numbers out anymore, but I swear I remember someone associating 30k with Shenmue3. Guess we'll find out soon
It came out and Shenmue 3 actually ranked behind Death Stranding and placed in 6th place, which is worse than either of the other charts that were released.

I dipped back into the gematsu comments out of curiosity if people are still shitfling, they are, but I saw one guy bring up something that might actually be of worth, but unfortunately pretty bad if true. Now I dont know how this part actually works as if its a genuine chart of top sellers or if its something sony kind of just artificially puts together but still, according to this (warning sometimes it doesnt load and you need tor refresh it), shenmue isn't even in the top sellers first few pages of stuff, and with something like civ 6 being there which released after does prove they arent waiting to update it or anything.

Now again, I have a sneaking suspicion this chart isnt actually all accurate to sales, and its possible even if it is a real properly tracked chart it was on there when it first dropped and has since disappeared, but this is I think the closest thing we have to go off on about how well digital sales on ps4 are.

Someone double check this, but i think

Shenmue hd is out of stock on amazon.com and only been sold by 3rd party sellers
Shenmue hd is almost out of stock on amazon uk
Shenmue 3 day one edition is low on stock on amazon.com
Shenmue 3 collectors is out of stock on amazon uk. More coming back in december

Dunno if it will equate to anything, but here's hoping

I dipped back into the gematsu comments out of curiosity if people are still shitfling, they are, but I saw one guy bring up something that might actually be of worth, but unfortunately pretty bad if true. Now I dont know how this part actually works as if its a genuine chart of top sellers or if its something sony kind of just artificially puts together but still, according to this (warning sometimes it doesnt load and you need tor refresh it), shenmue isn't even in the top sellers first few pages of stuff, and with something like civ 6 being there which released after does prove they arent waiting to update it or anything.

Now again, I have a sneaking suspicion this chart isnt actually all accurate to sales, and its possible even if it is a real properly tracked chart it was on there when it first dropped and has since disappeared, but this is I think the closest thing we have to go off on about how well digital sales on ps4 are.
On the bright side CIV VI didn’t even move 2,000 units on the Japan chart in its debut week.

So I looked a bit closer on that UK chart, shenmue 3 is all the way on the 5th page, I actually cant buy that not cause I believe its not selling that poor, but cause tony hawk pro skater 5 is somehow 2 pages above it, theres no damn way that game is actually selling now, its not even discounted its still 60 bucks.

The US thing is a black friday offer as far as we know, an aggresive marketing camapain to boost sales, it makes no sense to discaout it everywhere right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back