Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not ghosttrick.

That's why I said his name and not yours, honey.

If you want a personal attack you'd have to write more bullshit than that. Our bud ghosttrick is here pages ago. Do you think you can come out of nowhere and get your own personal attack? No no no mate, you'll have to spit a lot of poison to get in there. He did a lot of merits.

That's why I said his name and not yours, honey.

If you want a personal attack you'd have to write more bullshit than that. Our bud ghosttrick is here pages ago. Do you think you can come out of nowhere and get your own personal attack? No no no mate, you'll have to spit a lot of poison to get in there. He did a lot of merits.

Yeah, I didn't say that Shenmue III was amazing. According to you, it means it's okay to call me a piece of shit and insult my mother.

You know the funniest thing about that ?
You didn't even have the "guts" to type that in English. :)

It honestly tells more about you than me. :)

I know I sound like a hypocrite being what, the 1st or 2nd most active person on this forum, but it honestly sounds like some of you have been posting the same negative things against this game for five months now and somehow still manage to dedicate 1,000+ words each time. Maybe it's just time to move on? I didn't love the game--in fact I'm not sure I liked it either--but I at least feel like I still have some general interest in the series in spite of that. Maybe just focus on something more positive about the series if Shenmue 3 is that hard on your soul? You're just beating a dead horse at this point...
People have been raving about S2 in this place for the last 19 years. Everybody on here, with a few exceptions agrees that 3 is the weakest Shenmue game. With S3 being the worst game in the series, the criticism of it will not go away.

In the end, I think most people are hoping to get S4 and hoping that S4 will do many things better than S3.

Agree on focusing on the more positive things, though. I guess S3 can be a great foundation to make S4 a brilliant game.

Yeah, I didn't say that Shenmue III was amazing. According to you, it means it's okay to call me a piece of shit and insult my mother.

You know the funniest thing about that ?
You didn't even have the "guts" to type that in English. :)

It honestly tells more about you than me. :)

Well, someone said Shenmue III isnt the second coming.

Resorting to insults is what people with little to no intelligence do when they fail to engage in a conversation. :)
That's it, there's no way you could be so stupid. I can see now you are a troll. Thanks for showing it.

Nice job, you really fooled the entire forum. Messages, pages, hours of tedious lectures wasted in a basement virgin with no fucking life.

Don't forget the report buttom honey. For me it's a pleasure leaving this place taking off your mask.

That's it, there's no way you could be so stupid. I can see now you are a troll. Thanks for showing it.

Nice job, you really fooled the entire forum. Messages, pages, hours of tedious lectures wasted in a basement virgin with no fucking life.

Don't forget the report buttom honey. For me it's a pleasure leaving this place taking off your mask.

-> losing his shit because someone dared to critcize his favorite game
-> calling other people trolls or basement virgins with no life after that

Why do I have the feeling that if I insulted your mother and your ancestors over 10 generations, you would feel less upset ?

I really hope you are less than 14 years old, because over that, losing your temper over something as trivial is really problematic and worrying about your mental stability and the well being of the people around you.

The community needs to get used to the split opinions instead of trying to push everyone away who doesn't say it's the best game they've ever played.
Right that crap stops. If the community were pushing away people who didnt like the game we'd have locked all discussion around it not being good. Same on the 500k too but we haven't.

What gets on my nerves is people saying the game sucks in a manner which is designed to wind people up or kick off when their comments get pulled up, either for clarity or for just being plain argumentative. Hell I personally dealt with a new user on here who was on the other side of the fence and calling people idiots (paraphrasing) for not liking the game. That crap doesn't fly either.

I've seen plenty of good respectful discussion triggered by both ends of the spectrum. However this rhetoric from people saying "I'm being silenced because I don't like the game" is complete bullshit and stops now. Evidence here clearly suggests that's not the case and if people don't like being called out for being a tool in the way they deliberately present themselves, on both sides of the camp, (this is text you can read it before posting so there's time for due consideration) then that's their problem.

I got that one, cheers to you mate :ROFLMAO: :love:

I love how some people are saying "oh, if SIII sold only a few games, Epic won't do the deal with Yu".

Guys, it's Fumito Ueda there... DO YOU REALLY THINK ICO, SOTC AND THE LAST GUARDIAN SOLD WELL? REALLY? YOU DO? YOU THINK EPIC SAID "COOL, WE HIRED THIS GUY, NOW WE ARE GONNA MAKE SOME REAL MONEY, BITCHES"?

If you don't know it, I'll tell you: those games sold nothing. Even The Last Guardian. Only bought it 5 people of the dojo, Fumito Ueda's mother and Eurogamer's staff. That's it. It's not for the money, it's a marketing stuff. If they wanted real money, they would get Naughty dog.

MOD EDIT: Warning issued, reasons below

You know, in my land we have a proverb. When you are discussing with somebody, suddenly you notice that person doesn't want to argue, because just throws shit over and over again. Doesn't care about the arguments, just always thinks the bad possibility, and when you give him solid arguments, he chooses to ignore them. We have a way to finish the conversation properly. We'd say something like this:

MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language and behaviour. Not needed. Anymore and it's a 24 hour ban.

ANDATE A LA RECALCADA CONCHA DE TU REPUTÍSIMA MADRE HIJO DE UN CAMIÓN REPLETO DE PUTAS, SOS UN TERRIBLE CHUPAPIJA DE MIERDA.

Probably the Spaniard user will get it. You dont need to use google translate, I'll do it for you. It means something like "it's useless to continue this conversation, let's share a cup of tea everybody, shall we?"
Warning issued. 24 hour ban if any more of this comes up.

genDesign!!!! If they're open to publishing an even more niche series as Ico, plus history with Shenmue 3, I'm optimistic they could be an option. We shall see!
Yeah, seeing this makes me excited and hopeful in multiple ways. I could easily see them adding Ys Net to their stable of niche developers with cult followings whose games are known for being unique, artistic, and not caring about "modern gaming standards." It seems like they're trying to attract a hardcore gaming fanbase and gain some industry cred. I think Ys Net would be a perfect addition and also make sense from the standpoint that they already have history with them now. That would be great if Epic decided to fully fund the rest of the Shenmue series.

It also makes me excited that we could possibly see Ueda's next game sooner than eleven years after his last one and maybe even Alan Wake 2! If all of these things happened, Epic would become my favorite publisher of all time.

Last edited:
Yeah, seeing this makes me excited and hopeful in multiple ways. I could easily see them adding Ys Net to their stable of niche developers with cult followings whose games are known for being unique, artistic, and not caring about "modern gaming standards." It seems like they're trying to attract a hardcore gaming fanbase and gain some industry cred. I think Ys Net would be a perfect addition and also make sense from the standpoint that they already have history with them now. That would be great if Epic decided to fully fund the rest of the Shenmue series.

It also makes me excited that we could possibly see Ueda's next game sooner than eleven years after his last one and maybe even Alan Wake 2! If all of these things happened, Epic would become my favorite publisher of all time.
As much as I generally don't care about Epic, if they're going to financially back studios that make more artistically adventurous games, I can't help but be happy about that. I think it would make a lot of sense for them to partner with YSNet, but I also think that if they did, we might not really hear about it until some official announcement of Shenmue IV.

10+ pages* of folks losing their shit and we still don't have any numbers? Surely with people dying we have better things to do than troll each other over who does and doesn't like Shenmue 3?

*Since my last post

Last edited:
10+ pages* of folks losing their shit and we still don't have any numbers? Surely with people dying we have better things to do than troll each other over who does and doesn't like Shenmue 3?

*Since my last post
Feel free to sign out and go do something more important then.

There are no sales numbers, and we won't get any, because they aren't impressive enough to announce. All we have is speculation. And even if we could get sales numbers we'd still have no idea what kinds of sales are needed to greenlight Shenmue 4.

Yeah. I guess no company has ever announced sales because sales are still ongoing.

Ok.

There's no point for Deep Silver to release figures four months after the games release, especially when the last DLC dropped this month. I don't think they've even released sales figures for their other releases from last year, except for partial Metro Exodus sales.

But okay - let's say they release the figures for 3 and they are pretty mediocre - will that make you happy?
Seems some people around here just want the franchise to wallow in the shit.

Yeah. I guess no company has ever announced sales because sales are still ongoing.

Ok.
Guess no company has never not announced sales for a game before, every step of the way. Every other video game since the 1970s has announced sales, good, bad, and ugly, for sure.

Ok

Some of you are just determined to troll this. Again, you may be perfectly correct that it sold ten copies, or it may sell millions. Fact of the matter is, you know no better than I do, or Sonoshee does, or TwiceFriedRice does. So rather than the constant smug attitude about it, maybe find some data or quit posting. Enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back