Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shenmue 3 is $34.99 on Amazon now.
Wow it really is, I agree it definitely has to be price matching best buy? I wonder how does the impact of a place like Amazon discounting Shenmue as opposed to a local retailer discounting the game. Anyone savvy in the marketing and business side of the gaming industry can tell me more? Are these discounts good or bad?

Wow it really is, I agree it definitely has to be price matching best buy? I wonder how does the impact of a place like Amazon discounting Shenmue as opposed to a local retailer discounting the game. Anyone savvy in the marketing and business side of the gaming industry can tell me more? Are these discounts good or bad?

Black Friday discounts are usually retailer led, so they take the hit . Deep Silver would have been paid for those copies already so they don't lose money.

Sometimes, a retailer will buy more copies under an agreement that it will be sold at Black Friday so the distributor may cut them a discount in order to take more copies. As Best Buy announced it so early, I would say that has happened. As Amazon are price matching after the fact, they will take the hit in order to stop people using Best Buy.

Black Friday discounts are usually retailer led, so they take the hit . Deep Silver would have been paid for those copies already so they don't lose money.

Sometimes, a retailer will buy more copies under an agreement that it will be sold at Black Friday so the distributor may cut them a discount in order to take more copies. As Best Buy announced it so early, I would say that has happened. As Amazon are price matching after the fact, they will take the hit in order to stop people using Best Buy.
Thanks a bunch for the explanation!
It must mean that the Best Buy Shenmue sales are making a notice. Being on Best Buy's top selling has to be a good thing right?

Thanks a bunch for the explanation!
It must mean that the Best Buy Shenmue sales are making a notice. Being on Best Buy's top selling has to be a good thing right?
Most definitely. If it was on sale and nobody cared that would be a huge negative for the series. With Amazon doing it will only increase sales even more.

Shame we can’t find out about digital sales, they account for a lot more than people realise this generation, plus more of the money goes to the developer.

It’s outselling 3 lol
I'm happy to see impossible lair selling even if on sale, they really outdid themselves on that game after the first game was kind of bad.

I'm happy to see impossible lair selling even if on sale, they really outdid themselves on that game after the first game was kind of bad.
I’m a fan. Great game for sure.

At a $10,000,000 budget, I say it should make at least $25,000,000 in sales to get a Shenmue IV IMHO. Think of how horror films profit. THey are made on a low budget of lets say $1,000,000, and they just need to make $10,000,000 or whatever to be considered successful.

At a $10,000,000 budget, I say it should make at least $25,000,000 in sales to get a Shenmue IV IMHO. Think of how horror films profit. THey are made on a low budget of lets say $1,000,000, and they just need to make $10,000,000 or whatever to be considered successful.
traditionally if we are going off of how film works, its double the development and marketing budget is considered a success, anything below that is considered a flop even if it technically makes back the budget itself, it needs profit.

I cant imagine gaming is that different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back