Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its clearly an ad. You dont expect people to like and comment. The sole purpose is for people to click the shop now button and purchase the game through the epic store
and you can bet that 95% of those views just skipped the ad after 5 seconds, but at least theres some reach

is shenmue 3 still out of stock on amazon?
Sure looks that way. People can still grab a copy (at an inflated price) from the affiliated sellers though.

If Amazon is really sold out I wonder if that means Deep Silver will need to do a second print run? :cool:

and you can bet that 95% of those views just skipped the ad after 5 seconds, but at least theres some reach

Yeah thats fine. All we want is 1% - 2% of those ppl to convert to buyers. If 95% skipped and 5% converted. Shenmue 4 will hopefully be guaranteed.

Its on almost 6 million views. If 1% converted thats 60,000 copies sold. If 2% converted thats 120,000 copies sold, etc

If 5% converts, we are golden. Although id say it probably is around 3% max.

I need to update this thread with the latest metrics on these ads but more info is here on how it all works.
https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/shenmue-3-marketing-analysis-thread.1868/

Yeah thats fine. All we want is 1% - 2% of those ppl to convert to buyers. If 95% skipped and 5% converted. Shenmue 4 will hopefully be guaranteed.

Its on almost 6 million views. If 1% converted thats 60,000 copies sold. If 2% converted thats 120,000 copies sold, etc

If 5% converts, we are golden. Although id say it probably is around 3% max.

I need to update this thread with the latest metrics on these ads but more info is here on how it all works.
https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/shenmue-3-marketing-analysis-thread.1868/

Man, it sounds so easy. Just show it to the 7 billion people alive, and the 1% will make shenmue 13 happen

Man, it sounds so easy. Just show it to the 7 billion people alive, and the 1% will make shenmue 13 happen

Ha, yeah but the cost of showing all those ppl is reallllly expensive. Ysnet and deep silver doing the epic deal might be the saving grace in us getting shenmue 4

Apparently S3 sold around 37k physical units first week in Japan. Definitely closer to 60k when you add digital. That's actually not bad considering budget. We'll get confirmation when the media create sales come out

Man, I really hope this turns out to be true. It sounds a bit too good to be true, to me. Shenmue I & II HD only sold 39K in the US in its first week, and 49.4k in Europe in its first week (across both PS4 and Xbox One!), and sales in those markets ended up being roughly twice the size of Japan.

Those are staggeringly good numbers if they're accurate.

Regarding the Japanese sales, that Media Create person on Era also posted this :(

“Shenmue III Day One Edition turned literally into what the name says. The only who bought it were at release day.”

Eh. Still doesn't take into account digital adoption here. That is the controlling factor here for all sales of the game.

I believe digital adoption is high in the UK for gaming, even higher than the US or Japan, but I'm not certain. Either way, 37k physical sold on launch day in Japan is still $2 million, not including costs etc.

We shall see what the future brings, but I think people are being a little too down on it. It was never going to sell millions.

If it sold 37k physical and let's say, 20k digital, that's 57k copies sold in one region in a week.

I would say a 150,000-200,000 copy sell through all regions is not bad for a resurrected 18 year old game and is probably a reasonable assessment to make after the holidays are done.

Last edited:
Jeez, this thread exploded! Thanks folks, lots of pretty interesting comments on here. Based on reviews it appears we won't be getting too many new players it seems. I wonder how vast the Shenmue community goes beyond the Dojo? Lets face it, we'll all be picking it up, but it'll be interesting to know how many others have waited 19yrs to spend their hard earned cash on this continuation of the story.

1. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 382,540 (1,747,084)
  2. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 26,141 (290,081)
  3. [NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3 (Nintendo, 10/31/19) – 23,872 (258,919)
  4. [PS4] Shenmue III (Deep Silver, 11/21/19) – 17,857 (New)
  5. [PS4] Death Stranding (Limited Editions Included) (SIE, 11/08/19) – 12,520 (235,811)
  6. [PS4] Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Deluxe Edition Included) (Electronic Arts, 11/15/19) –
    10,321 (37,082)
  7. [NSW] Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (Sega, 11/01/19) – 8,826 (51,582)
  8. [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo, 10/05/18) – 8,576 (1,154,354)
  9. [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 8,512 (1,011,672)
  10. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 7,360 (2,533,458)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back