Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are saying it's that if this is true, there should be 60k of PS4 SIII players with internet?
Nope. I’m saying that these numbers are too inconsistent to gage how many copies are in circulation due to how much variance there is. If I really wanted I could add all 2,500+ players that are not already included to the PSN Profiles database and doing so would suggest that there were 180,000+ players (I suspect this would also cause the Gamestat number to triple as it seems they are using PSN Profiles for their calculations).

What we can gather from growth is that the game is still selling at a good rate and that the overall player-base has grown by 30-40% since December 10th. Unfortunately we don’t have all of the information when it comes to sales figures in the opening weeks, but what we do know (around 100,000 physical copies including Kickstarter copies, SEs/LEs and the 27,000 sales from The UK, Spain and Japan) and what we can speculate (probably around another 60,000 copies across the rest of the world and with digital sales) suggests there are at least 224,000 PS4 copies (physical and digital) in circulation with 40% growth.

If 224k copies are out there minus the backer ones that's not bad for a month of sales. 144k ps4 copies sold plus any PC copies which we dont have numbers on.

One thing to remember that hasn't really been brought up here either, is that a lot of people will have bought PS4 physical copies even if they don't have a PS4 just to have something physical and to show some support. At the same time there are a hell of a lot of fans who have multiple copies of the game as well, which is something that will not be tracked by these shit trophy relying websites.
For example, I mainly play on PC, but still have 6 PS4 copies of the game, 1 of which has been played for 12 hours and I don't think I have a trophy yet. Even if I did, I mainly keep my PS4 offline (which is something else that hasn't been mentioned here) as I have some funky FW on a few of my Vitas, which also can't be tracked by these sites.
Someone said it well in one of the Shenmue IV threads, Shibuya & Deep Silver (especially Deep Silver) were probably very realistic in their sales target, and when Cedric says he is happy with how everything is going/went, then that is enough confirmation for me!

I have no doubt that the game is selling Well. Although the series never was a major brand like Final Fantasy for example, there's always a good fanbase. Good enough to sell to the point of justify a sequel. Don't worry,guys. Shenmue's future is safe.

One thing to remember that hasn't really been brought up here either, is that a lot of people will have bought PS4 physical copies even if they don't have a PS4 just to have something physical and to show some support. At the same time there are a hell of a lot of fans who have multiple copies of the game as well, which is something that will not be tracked by these shit trophy relying websites.
For example, I mainly play on PC, but still have 6 PS4 copies of the game, 1 of which has been played for 12 hours and I don't think I have a trophy yet. Even if I did, I mainly keep my PS4 offline (which is something else that hasn't been mentioned here) as I have some funky FW on a few of my Vitas, which also can't be tracked by these sites.
Someone said it well in one of the Shenmue IV threads, Shibuya & Deep Silver (especially Deep Silver) were probably very realistic in their sales target, and when Cedric says he is happy with how everything is going/went, then that is enough confirmation for me!
I have 3 PS4 copies but I've only actually played it on PC. I imagine there are plenty of other hardcore fans out there who have done the same.

For sure. I have 5 copies now but have only played one. Also, I think that 60k sales for basically the whole world when we know Japan alone has 20,000 physical is a very conservative estimate. I also only started tracking growth on the 10th of December (1 week after the confirmed sales figures we have). I imagine growth was much higher in the earlier weeks and starting from lower numbers (as they would have been on say, December 3rd) would probably yield 60-70% growth to present day rather than 40%. In reality, 224K is probably a very very low estimate compared to the actual number of copies in circulation.

If sales were anywhere near a quarter of a million, then they would of said something by now.

you guys are torturing yourselves. It hasn’t sold well, I think that’s pretty clear by now.

Publishers does not release numbers unless they can use it for marketing porpuses. All games news are like "X game has sold a Million units" or whatever the milestone is. 250k or even 500k is not a number that necessarely brings good PR and marketing.

Following that logic Bloodstained and Death Stranding are massive failures too because they are not airing the sales numbers 🤔

how is death stranding comparable to a Kickstarter project?

anyway.. conversation surrounding s3 has all but died, apart from on here naturally. It’s fallen off nearly every chart going. Stop kidding yourselves. Sales are nowhere near 250k. You guys are crazy lol

meanwhile in Amazon UK it jumped to 62nd position in the PS4 sales chart :oops: not bad at all!

I've been to a Best Buy in two different states and in each there was almost a dozen Shenmue 3 games languishing on the shelves.

Just stacks and stacks of Shenmue 3 sitting there.

It's not looking good guys.

If 224k copies are out there minus the backer ones that's not bad for a month of sales. 144k ps4 copies sold plus any PC copies which we dont have numbers on.

You can add 25-30k owners on PC. That's the total owner count, so backers + sales.
Heard it from somewhere. Can provide proof by private message if asked but only to mods.

You can add 25-30k owners on PC. That's the total owner count, so backers + sales.
Heard it from somewhere. Can provide proof by private message if asked but only to mods.

Those are the Epic Store numbers?

I've been to a Best Buy in two different states and in each there was almost a dozen Shenmue 3 games languishing on the shelves.

Just stacks and stacks of Shenmue 3 sitting there.

It's not looking good guys.

Ehrr... I don't think that means anything :) whenever I go to Gamestop I see litterally a whole shelf of FIFA 20 copies and it's the top selling game of 2019, I think

how is death stranding comparable to a Kickstarter project?

anyway.. conversation surrounding s3 has all but died, apart from on here naturally. It’s fallen off nearly every chart going. Stop kidding yourselves. Sales are nowhere near 250k. You guys are crazy lol
Milestone is the key word. But what could I expect when trying to use arguments with a troll

Not great, but not too surprising considering Shenmue I & II sold between 50-100K according to SteamDB (and only passed the 50K mark in the past few months).

Milestone is the key word. But what could I expect when trying to use arguments with a troll
I’m a troll? What, because I’m not agreeing with you?? Wow, how mature. I suggest you go through my post history before labeling me.

250k for a Kickstarter game is a good enough milestone and more than we could of possibly of hoped for. The fact there’s been radio silence isn’t really a good look though is it? But it’s ok, I don’t expect a mature, well thought out discussion from someone who’s so eager to throw insults out without reason. But you keep doing you yea

Not great, but not too surprising considering Shenmue I & II sold between 50-100K according to SteamDB (and only passed the 50K mark in the past few months).
That kind of negativity isn’t allowed in this thread. Brace yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back