Shenmue 3: side quests

excellent thanks, I finished the game so re loaded my first save from Naiwu and want to replay the area doing all side quests.
All quests have now been added to the main post. Just a word of warning, if you’re aiming to get the trophy, I think that all of the quests need to be completed in a single play through (although it’s possible that after completing all quests in one of the two areas in one sitting, that area is tagged as complete and it’s simply a case of tagging both areas as complete).

Yes, both need to be done in one playthrough.
Thanks for confirming. Any chance you can remember the reward from the fortune teller quest? I accidentally deleted it when reformatting my original post and don’t have it written down anywhere.

I should really keep track of things myself, thus no, my apologies :(

I do have a save still, RIGHT before going to Niaowu, but I haven't beaten the game yet, so I'm not really wanting to go back and do it over again... yet lol.

All quests have now been added to the main post. Just a word of warning, if you’re aiming to get the trophy, I think that all of the quests need to be completed in a single play through (although it’s possible that after completing all quests in one of the two areas in one sitting, that area is tagged as complete and it’s simply a case of tagging both areas as complete).

Yeah I am re playing the second area from one of my original saves, (so in effect re starting from when Ryo and Shenhua got off the boat in Naiwu) I have the maximum amount of save slots taken and have several key points saved lol

With the quests that require you to collect Herbs eg Elder Yeh, are these herbs required for the herbs trophy? And if so - are you supposed to keep one in your inventory and give one back to the quest giver or is it ok to just collect one and pass it on to the quest giver to get the trophy?

With the quests that require you to collect Herbs eg Elder Yeh, are these herbs required for the herbs trophy? And if so - are you supposed to keep one in your inventory and give one back to the quest giver or is it ok to just collect one and pass it on to the quest giver to get the trophy?
No. I got all the herbs trophies before even trying any of the herb quests.

Hey everyone, so I'm on my second play through of the game trying to do all of the side-quests. One of the side quests in Bailu village requires you to collect a different type of herb to create a medicine. Problem is, is that I actually collected all of the herbs on Bailu on my first play through and I sold ALL of them for money/scrolls. I do have the Liqorice and some yellow herb exclusive to the quest, but I'm missing a Peony and Trifoliate Orange. Am I completely screwed with this? or does the game spawn an extra herb just for this quest; and if so, where can I find it?

Hey everyone, so I'm on my second play through of the game trying to do all of the side-quests. One of the side quests in Bailu village requires you to collect a different type of herb to create a medicine. Problem is, is that I actually collected all of the herbs on Bailu on my first play through and I sold ALL of them for money/scrolls. I do have the Liqorice and some yellow herb exclusive to the quest, but I'm missing a Peony and Trifoliate Orange. Am I completely screwed with this? or does the game spawn an extra herb just for this quest; and if so, where can I find it?
Iirc, repeatedly talking to elder Yeh about the quest will give you different hints on where to look. This makes me think they will respawn, but I can’t say for certain. I guess all you can do is check these areas. Please post your findings here.

Iirc, repeatedly talking to elder Yeh about the quest will give you different hints on where to look. This makes me think they will respawn, but I can’t say for certain. I guess all you can do is check these areas. Please post your findings here.

Ok I think you are correct because I did find the Peony near the water by the bridge; I already have Licorice which for whatever reason respawns on new game plus, so I'm missing only the Trifoliate Orange, any idea where that may be? The descriptions are so vague; where is the rice field?

Ok I think you are correct because I did find the Peony near the water by the bridge; I already have Licorice which for whatever reason respawns on new game plus, so I'm missing only the Trifoliate Orange, any idea where that may be? The descriptions are so vague; where is the rice field?
The rice fields are the areas on the left as you come down the hill from Shenhua’s house towards the bridge. Iirc, I might have found the orange behind Shenhua’s house although this may have been one of the naturally spawning oranges rather than the one for the quest. Best to check the locations given to you.

The rice fields are the areas on the left as you come down the hill from Shenhua’s house towards the bridge. Iirc, I might have found the orange behind Shenhua’s house although this may have been one of the naturally spawning oranges rather than the one for the quest. Best to check the locations given to you.

Ok, so I found the orange near Shenhua's house near the animals, thanks!

One final question and apologies if this is off-topic, but do all the herbs need to be collected in 1 Playthrough? On my first play through I collected all of the herbs in Bailu but ignored them completely at Nairwu. I'm on new game plus and the all of the herbs I collected in Bailu are gone with the exception of Licorice. Do I have to collect them all again or I just go to Nairwu and start picking up from there? Thanks.

Herbs can be done on subsequent playthroughs; the only things that need to be done in 1, are the sidestories.

Ok, so I found the orange near Shenhua's house near the animals, thanks!

One final question and apologies if this is off-topic, but do all the herbs need to be collected in 1 Playthrough? On my first play through I collected all of the herbs in Bailu but ignored them completely at Nairwu. I'm on new game plus and the all of the herbs I collected in Bailu are gone with the exception of Licorice. Do I have to collect them all again or I just go to Nairwu and start picking up from there? Thanks.
I have a horrible feeling they have to be completed in one playthrough, but I can say for certain as I collected them all in my second playthrough. You should be able to pick up the Niaowu herb trophy, but I’m not sure the trophy for collecting all herbs in both areas will pop at the same time.

Edit: NM. Looks like you can do it across several playthroughs. Glad you were able to complete the quest.

Back