Shenmue 3: side quests

I didn't find the shoe set so far either, but you get one item of the shoe set by completing the ghost hunting quest in bailue. The kids gave me a shoe toy from the set after completion.

Excellent, any chance you can see what they are?
Right now I only know all quest names.
Bailu:
  1. 大物を狙え (The biggest catch)
  2. ハートブレイク・クンフー (Heartbreak Kung Fu)
  3. 幻の反物を探して (Fabled Fabric Finder)
  4. ナマズラリー (Catfish Rally)
  5. モリモリ武勇伝 (Mr. Su's Tall Tales)
  6. 霊験あらたかなるキノコ (Miracle Mushroom)
  7. 愛のグルッパ (Capsule of Love)
  8. 将来の夢 (Future Dream)
  9. ゴースト・ストーリー (Ghost Buster Request)
  10. 薬の配達便 (Medicine Delivery)

Niaowu:
  1. 幸せのピンクパンダ (Pink Panda of Happiness)
  2. ワゴンバス (Wagon Bus)
  3. 鳥舞名所巡リ (Niaowu Tour)
  4. 大河の爆釣祭り (River Fishing Festival)
  5. 賢い買い物 (A Wise Purchase)
  6. 隠された宝箱もの (Hidden Treasure)
  7. こまった薬屋 (Troubled Drug Store)
  8. 野菜一筋の意地 (Vegetable Vigilance)
  9. イメチェンガール (Makeover Girl)
  10. 誕生!桂林ロール (Guilin Roll)
  11. 涼は恋のキューピット (Ryo Plays Cupid)
  12. 史上最大の幸運 (The Greatest Fortune)
  13. 奪われた経典 (Stolen Sutra)
  14. スキッパーを追え! (Catch the Skipper)
  15. レンの助手け (Ren to the Rescue)
Technically I can just unlock the notebook data but I'd like to finish the game normally first.

I've spent 29 hours in Bailu now (on challenge) and have managed to do all the requests. I kept a spreadsheet of them which contains where they start, name, what you need to do, page numbers and rewards, so thought I'd post it here.

Page Start:-
Page End:-
Request Name:-
NPC:-
Objective:-
Reward:-
1​
3​
Capsule of Love​
Bai Quighao (Village Square)​
Obtain White Lure​
-​
3​
5​
-​
Obtain Diamond P​
-​
5​
6​
-​
Follow through to the end. Find Bai Quighao. Find Him near Joy Park​
Bird Sculpture​
7​
8​
The Biggest Catch​
Huang's Tackle​
Noon – 3PM. Catch biggest fish.​
Fishing T-Shirt​
9​
13​
Heartbreak Kung Fun​
Yang Weliang (Joy Park)​
Find Wei Zhen, Beat her in a fight. Go tell Yang the bad news, then go back to Wei Zhen.​
Blue Dragon Vase​
14​
16​
Future Dream​
Zhi Mao (Panda Place)​
Get Soccer Ball from Pail Toss.​
Mobile Crane Capsule Toy​
17​
20​
Medicine Delivery​
Elder Yeh (Village Square)​
Collect the 4 herbs – Licorice, Peony, Trifoliate Orange & Chai Hu Root (Root Languishan path)​
Amber Pendant​
21​
23​
Mr Su's Tall Tales​
Mr Su (Sunset Hill)​
Listen to him once a day, for 3 days (skips a lot of time each time)​
Can't remember (wasn't related to a move scroll though)​
24​
31​
Catfish Rally​
Mr Lu's Shop (Tackle Shop)​
Catch 3 coloured Catfish (White – Tackle Shop Pond, Blue – Joy Park Stream, Green – Sunflower Grove Pond, Red – Verdant Bridge Rock)​
Fishing Jacket​
32​
34​
Miracle Mushroom​
Kong Mei (Shop in Panda)​
Find a Lingzhi Mushroom (Was near Tackle Shop Pond)​
Fish Vase​
35​
38​
Ghost Buster Request​
Lihong & Meiling (Sunflower Grove)​
Saw a Ghost near the Abandoned Temple. Go there after 7PM and speak to Mr Sun. Collect 5 Mushrooms there​
Toy Boots​
39​
42​
Fabled Fabric Finder​
Ding Jinquin Item Exchange (Panda Place)​
Bring fabric to him. (Token exchange isn't good enough) Go to Basin after story event there to get reward from Fabric Maker.​
Old Statue​

Bailu:
  8. 将来の夢 (Future Dream)

Niaowu:
  2. ワゴンバス (Wagon Bus)
  3. 鳥舞名所巡リ (Niaowu Tour)
Technically I can just unlock the notebook data but I'd like to finish the game normally first.

Man, I had 9 of the ones in Bailu...I was that damn close to getting them all in Bailu :( The only one I missed out on was the White Lure for the little kid as I didn't realise side quests started that early.

Well I technically had 8 because I failed the biggest catch side quest. But I was so damn close to getting them all my first run.

Having a tougher time finding them in Chobu though...probably because it's a fair bit bigger and I haven't looked as much. I keep getting side tracked with Rose Garden among other distractions.

So far I found 4 in Chobu for myself.

-- Ren's Herb Quest
-- Get the Capsule Toy for the kid at the Mask Stand
-- Find the person who skipped out on a hotel bill
-- Help the owner of 'Beats of Rage' with his first date

Even after doing all 10, I still need a few items to get the last 3 Move Scrolls in Bailu. I'm starting to wonder if you can actually get there lol They can't be related to the requests. So I wonder if there's something else you can do to get the items. Maybe highscores in the Panda Arcade or something? Anyone have any ideas? (If they are Niaowu Spoilers, then please don't tell me :p)

The move scrolls are: Breaking Wave, Spiral Cut and Maelstorm Strike. I've been hung up on getting Maelstorm Strike from day 1, as the move description sounds fucking awesome lol

Even after doing all 10, I still need a few items to get the last 3 Move Scrolls in Bailu. I'm starting to wonder if you can actually get there lol They can't be related to the requests. So I wonder if there's something else you can do to get the items. Maybe highscores in the Panda Arcade or something? Anyone have any ideas? (If they are Niaowu Spoilers, then please don't tell me :p)

The move scrolls are: Breaking Wave, Spiral Cut and Maelstorm Strike. I've been hung up on getting Maelstorm Strike from day 1, as the move description sounds fucking awesome lol

A number of scrolls, at least in regards to exchanging items and prizes require items from both Bailu and Niaowu as far as I can tell. I was in Niaowu and there were items from Bailu that I needed and couldn't find for the life of me so looks like I missed out until NG+.

I've spent 29 hours in Bailu now (on challenge) and have managed to do all the requests. I kept a spreadsheet of them which contains where they start, name, what you need to do, page numbers and rewards, so thought I'd post it here.

Page Start:-
Page End:-
Request Name:-
NPC:-
Objective:-
Reward:-
1​
3​
Capsule of Love​
Obtain White Lure​
-​
3​
5​
-​
Obtain Diamond P​
-​
5​
6​
-​
Follow through to the end. Find Bai Quighao. Find Him near Joy Park​
Bird Sculpture​
7​
8​
The Biggest Catch​
Huang's Tackle​
Noon – 3PM. Catch biggest fish.​
Fishing T-Shirt​
9​
13​
Heartbreak Kung Fun​
Yang Weliang (Joy Park)​
Find Wei Zhen, Beat her in a fight. Go tell Yang the bad news, then go back to Wei Zhen.​
Blue Dragon Vase​
14​
16​
Future Dream​
Zhi Mao (Panda Place)​
Get Soccer Ball from Pail Toss.​
Mobile Crane Capsule Toy​
17​
20​
Medicine Delivery​
Elder Yeh (Village Square)​
Collect the 4 herbs – Licorice, Peony, Trifoliate Orange & Chai Hu Root (Root Languishan path)​
Amber Pendant​
21​
23​
Mr Su's Tall Tales​
Mr Su (Sunset Hill)​
Listen to him once a day, for 3 days (skips a lot of time each time)​
Can't remember (wasn't related to a move scroll though)​
24​
31​
Catfish Rally​
Mr Lu's Shop (Tackle Shop)​
Catch 3 coloured Catfish (White – Tackle Shop Pond, Blue – Joy Park Stream, Green – Sunflower Grove Pond, Red – Verdant Bridge Rock)​
Fishing Jacket​
32​
34​
Miracle Mushroom​
Kong Mei (Shop in Panda)​
Find a Lingzhi Mushroom (Was near Tackle Shop Pond)​
Fish Vase​
35​
38​
Ghost Buster Request​
Lihong & Meiling (Sunflower Grove)​
Saw a Ghost near the Abandoned Temple. Go there after 7PM and speak to Mr Sun. Collect 5 Mushrooms there​
Toy Boots​
39​
42​
Fabled Fabric Finder​
Ding Jinquin Item Exchange (Panda Place)​
Bring fabric to him. (Token exchange isn't good enough) Go to Basin after story event there to get reward from Fabric Maker.​
Old Statue​

Thanks for that, Sheephead!

I take it the trophy popped for you?

Anyone know how to trigger Fabled Fabric Finder? It is the last sidequest missing in Bailu, found the others allready

There's a little cutscene if you go up the arcade in Niaowu close to the hotel and go to the other building.
You can see the hotel gal and delin's brother training and ryo acts kinda weird.
It seems that the cutscene change on different days, I went today and she was dancing with the hairdresser.

Bailu:
  8. 将来の夢 (Future Dream)

Niaowu:
  2. ワゴンバス (Wagon Bus)
  3. 鳥舞名所巡リ (Niaowu Tour)
Great thanks! All I'm missing is fabled fabric which I am guessing is the quest from the pawn shop guy

Has anyone managed to get all the scrolls in Bailu? or does it actually require a new game plus playthrough to get all the move scrolls?

Thanks for that, Sheephead!
I take it the trophy popped for you?
I'm playing on PC. Sadly, the Epic Game Store doesn't have achievements yet. I'll be playing on PS4 after I finish my PC run though :p

Has anyone managed to get all the scrolls in Bailu? or does it actually require a new game plus playthrough to get all the move scrolls?

From my post earlier (just a few posts up), if you do all the requests in Bailu, you still can't unlock the last 3 scrolls Breaking Wave, Spiral Cut and Maelstorm Strike yet.
However, I've just arrived at the next zone, and you can potentially continue them there.

Elder Yehherb quest, I need one more herb... I found one left of Shenhua s house, one behind a bench at the rice paddies, and another one across the flower bridge on the left side in de flower field. Any clues for the last one?

Does anyone know where I can find the Da Huang Root Stalk For the Herb quest in Chobu? Is it in the mountains (ala duck pen) because I’ve been looking here but I can’t find it. Got the other two, but can’t find this last one to save my life

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find the Da Huang Root Stalk For the Herb quest in Chobu? Is it in the mountains (ala duck pen) because I’ve been looking here but I can’t find it. Got the other two, but can’t find this last one to save my life
From memory they were in the three grassy areas behind the promenade. Look for little paths on the left hand side (as you climb the hill). I’m guessing the one you’re missing is the one which requires you to take the little gate in the port area near the back of the hotel.

Back