Shenmue 3 Steam's version

Sput Vas Normandy

There's a lot of buzz around Shenmue 4
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Starfield
Can we have a thread to talk about the Steam version? Bugs, reviews, offers, etc.

(Let's be honest, I'm doing this for the reviews you know it)

Started with 66% offer, I bought the standard version.

Are you gonna buy it? If you do, are you gonna replay it?

I'm certain I didn't opt for a Steam key, and I gifted my original EGS key, so I'll pick up a copy today for when I eventually have a capable PC.

There's some serious crybaby bitches writing tantrums about PC storefronts in the guise of 'reviews' as part of their weird pledge of allegiance to combat the evil EPIC Games with their plastic Half-Life replica crowbars.

But thankfully, the community hub is brimming with content and positive reviews, so the odd "Please don't buy! :crying:" post just looks hilarious and cringeworthy at this point.

Otherwise, I bought the standard version and started playing it this morning.

I think a lot of people have realised that when we're living in a world with a pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people, political corruption and just the feeling the world is on fire, crying about playing a game on a different store front suddenly seems pathetic. At least, that's my thought anyway~

I have a potato laptop, so I won't be buying it. I've bought 5 copies of Shenmue III anyway. That said, bravo to selling it at a low price. I think the game would've been dead on arrival if it was £45 like the RRP appears to be. That said, Steam getting 30% of the proceeds seems greedy. 20% I could probably understand.

A heads up for anyone wanting to buy the DLC; if you click on an individual DLC in Steam, you can then see the Season Pass. If you buy all 3 separately in the UK it's £6.81 but the Season Pass is £4.93. Not Sure why the Season Pass isn't visible on the main store page.

I have mix feelings.

Some people buys its only to giving it a bad review.
1477941015-congula.jpg

On the other hand, that's a sale, so that's money.
hqdefault.jpg

But at the same time, it's a sale that can scare away other future buyers
1477941015-congula.jpg

But anyway a lot of people that hates Epic now are buying it
hqdefault.jpg

But Epic it's Chinese and they are gonna rule the world
1606009728623.jpeg

@Nathanial Essex @bcdcdude

I just find it weird, I mean console wars alone are stupid but now STOREFRONT wars. People are literally bickering over who's going to sell them a game. Am I happy the game is on Steam with achievements? Absolutely. Am I mad it was on another storefront for a year? No. Epic is just another platform trying to make what deals they can to carve out their place in the market, and what I find most ironic about the Epic haters is they cry "monopoly" while defending Steam of all places.

Again, love Steam but Steam diehards are cringy.

Last edited:
You guys are cool. But gamers are honestly some of the most idiotic, irrational, childish people I have encountered in my life.

'Did you just tweak the number of puddles in the retail version of this game? Prepare to face my wrath!'

1606039766542.png

I just find it weird, I mean console wars alone are stupid but now STOREFRONT wars. People are literally bickering over who's going to sell them a game. Am I happy the game is on Steam with achievements? Absolutely. Am I mad it was on another storefront for a year? No. Epic is just another platform trying to make what deals they can to carve out their place in the market, and what I find most ironic about the Epic haters is they cry "monopoly" while defending Steam of all places.

Again, love Steam but Steam diehards are cringy.
Yeah... It's so stupid. Judging a game by the storefront he was on... Being on EGS, or Steam or GOG doesn't change anything about the game quality.

And also, the fact that the game was on EGS exclusively was only Deep Silver's choice. Yu Suzuki, YsNet, Biscay, Shibuya, they had nothing to do with.

You're trying to destroy the hard work of hundreds of people because a few dudes at Deep Silver decided that the game would be exclusive during a year to another storefront that you don't like?

I was pretty surprised when I saw people saying they haven't launched the game and awaited the game on Steam. So the platform is more important than a game you've waited for for almost 20 years?

I have mix feelings.

Some people buys its only to giving it a bad review.
1477941015-congula.jpg

On the other hand, that's a sale, so that's money.
hqdefault.jpg

But at the same time, it's a sale that can scare away other future buyers
1477941015-congula.jpg

But anyway a lot of people that hates Epic now are buying it
hqdefault.jpg

But Epic it's Chinese and they are gonna rule the world
View attachment 9812

@Nathanial Essex @bcdcdude
I have spent 10 minutes trying to find a Simpsons meme in response to this that would be relevent to this topic, but have failed. I will put it in H and tip my hat to you sir~!

You guys are cool. But gamers are honestly some of the most idiotic, irrational, childish people I have encountered in my life.

'Did you just tweak the number of puddles in the retail version of this game? Prepare to face my wrath!'

View attachment 9826
+1 defence
+1 strength
+1 agility
+100 hilarity
-1000 dignity (unless I did it, because I can rock the cardboard well~)

89% positive reviews from over 100 now.

Tbf the last negative one I saw was very fair and not to do with Epic. That's cool.
Do you know how to review something in Steam?

89% positive reviews from over 100 now.

Tbf the last negative one I saw was very fair and not to do with Epic. That's cool.
Yeah. But it is also worth noting that the most like review on Steam ( more than 1500 likes and countless awards) is a pretty pretty bad review. Literally trashing the game.

I don't agree with it (here's the link to it : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198085926417/recommended/878670/), but maybe the haters just didn't reviewed the game yet?

Back