Shenmue 3 Streetdate Broken

Thanks for your post. I hope you see this message before you leave.

Are you playing on PS4 Pro? If so is there any options to play at higher resolution/framerate and secondly options to disable any UI elements?
I answered some questions with pictures of settings screen/install data etc on original tweet, but there are not many options to play, so no obvious Ps4Pro graphic settings, or other graphic settings except brightness.

I answered some questions with pictures of settings screen/install data etc on original tweet, but there are not many options to play, so no obvious Ps4Pro graphic settings, or other graphic settings except brightness.

What about that first person camera icon that was in the demo version? Can that be turned off now or is it gone for good? One of the recent videos released showed some first person footage in Niaowu and it wasn't there. That's one of my few gripes about it... The game is too beautiful to hide.

hey Topsu, i'd just like to say how much i appreciate you taking the time to post the things you have and for respecting the fans enough to not spoil anything on top of that you've joined the forum and gave us your time and explained things, you didnt have to do that and i doubt many others would, so thank you

It's a mistake. It's a store in finland that will probably get a serious bollocking. Unless the person who bought it is a total narcissict (i doubt it) then I wouldn't sweat it too much in regard to spoilers
I used to sell games years ago and the distributor was clear about ignoring release dates. If you did it regularly they could eventually stop delivering games to you. Special editions sometimes got an extra warning. When you opened the package there was a paper on top of the games with a reminder in huge letters.

My country is right next to Finland. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Time to take "Finlandsfärjan"? ;)

wonder when we will start getting shipping information for the kickstarter stuff, I got an e-mail from spiralgalaxy (UK) for my cheaper PS4 kick-starter copy, but nothing other than fangamer address confirmation for my $1500 pledge (which of course i confirmed within 3 seconds of receiving it)
LIkewise. I only got an email to confirm the address up until now.

Anyway, it's time to be more careful from now on.

Last edited:
Nice, playing the game this weekend would be vital for me as i have a pretty busy work week.

This saturday i’ll go hunting for an early copy, which im confident i’ll find (i live in Rome).

Well, still a week to go until "Day 1" Editions roll out. It is possible there is another patch awaiting certification from Sony to update it to 1.04 around launch day or a little before.

This team works up til the very last minute, so it doesn't surprise me that a lot of patches will go into it. Every patch helps, as we saw in the case of SI+2.

I thought this sub forum as called spoiler Shenmue 3. Probably I read it wrong

That's not the case at all. Yes, this is the spoiler forum and where all spoilers about Shenmue III should be posted.

But we are using common sense here. It's an isolated incident of a street date being broken by a retailor (and innocently by the sounds of it). We will still adhere to the street date here, regardless of any breaches, out of respect for the publisher, developer, and other fans who don't have the same luck to be in the situation this person found himself in.

As for Kickstarter copies possibly arriving early over this weekend... that's a different story. Once reports start coming in of this happening, then will we allow the discussion to truly begin. That's fair game, and a case of being lucky or unlucky, in terms of postage. But one person grabbing the game 7 days before release is not enough for everyone else in the spoiler forum, on the publishing team, development team, and heck, even the pressure on the person in question, to begin spilling this game online.

It was contained and handled, and we only have to wait a little while longer. I think Shenmue fans are more than capable of that. ;)

I thank the user from Finland for being pretty circumspect and mature about sharing what he knows about his early copy. Others would've been thrilled to start spoiling the game from the get go. I'm sure Ys Net also appreciates it given how little they've shown of the game.

By the way if you check his tweet, Koch Media asked him to delete the content he posted.

EDIT: they also deleted their message but there was one at midday from them asking him to contact them (Koch Medai), then he deleted his screenshots.

By the way if you check his tweet, Koch Media asked him to delete the content he posted.

EDIT: they also deleted their message but there was one at midday from them asking him to contact them (Koch Medai), then he deleted his screenshots.

Hopefully that means they will tell the offending retail store to stop being dicks

Back