Shenmue 4 - Cliff Temple Real Location

Sergeynest

Keep your Mind as clear as a Polished Mirror.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Plague of Tale Requiem
Hi everyone.πŸ˜€
Just wanted to share with you guys my latest youtube video that talks about the possible location of the Cliff Temple in Shenmue 4.
It would be interesting to know the community's opinion on the video.
I'm going to leave the link below. I hope you enjoy the video.

Watched this the other day when you uploaded it and I loved it so much! Such an awesome video with some great research! Really cannot wait to see the cliff temple in Shenmue VI when it comes out! Very much looking forward to your next video too!
Thanks for the support. If it becomes a reality its going to look amazing.
I suppose it wouldn't be hard to recreate it in Shenmue 4 with the unreal engine because the architecture is similar to the buidings we see in Niaowu.

Very good video!

That 7th image of VFRPG could potentially represent that Castle section of Niaowu from S3 though, with the 8th image representing the cliff temple.... Agree with 6th being Niaowu although 5th image would technically be S3 also as it's more the chapter introduction in S2.

Side notes
-never noticed the strong similarity between the thug leader in Bailu and that 6th image... Would suggest his significance was meant to be bigger I would say, or that he and the leader Niaowu really should've been the same character.
-is the white haired lady in the 5th image a reference to anyone in Bailu from S3 do we think? I can only think a character cut entirely or perhaps Niao Sun's disguised Li Feng character?

Last edited:
The 7th card is Luoyang, it says so on the map image. The Shaolin temple is very near Luoyang, I imagine the guy Ryo is fighting is a Shaolin monk. Or in the very least Ryo will visit the Shaolin temple to train.

Was going to say that, but couldn't remember if Luoyang was that or the one with the Shisa.

I just watched your latest Shenmue talk video. Very nice video @Sergeynest

I wonder if the philosophy and imagery of Yin and Yang will continue through the rest of the games. You also highlighted a few interesting symbols that I missed the first time. I will have to make my way back and watch your other videos.

I just watched your latest Shenmue talk video. Very nice video @Sergeynest

I wonder if the philosophy and imagery of Yin and Yang will continue through the rest of the games. You also highlighted a few interesting symbols that I missed the first time. I will have to make my way back and watch your other videos.

Thank you for watching my video.
I believe that the philosophy and symbolism of Yin and Yang will carry on throughout the rest of the Shenmue series and that it will become even more apparent as we get closer to the end of the Shenmue story.

Thank you for watching my video.
I believe that the philosophy and symbolism of Yin and Yang will carry on throughout the rest of the Shenmue series and that it will become even more apparent as we get closer to the end of the Shenmue story.

Fantastic video. Everything you assert seems to make perfect sense and I’ve always thought it was shortsighted to think the treasure is purely material riches.

Back