Shenmue 4 Rumour on 4Chan

God if only, I'm down for grasping for straws whenever though, although 4chan is a very bad and hateful place.

That doesn't mean truth never comes out of it.

Personally, I think the rumor is real. Like another player here said, the timing of this and the NFT is really interesting. People like to say Sega will not do this and that, but I've always found them to be rather impulsive on what they do and don't.

Personally, I think the rumor is real. Like another player here said, the timing of this and the NFT is really interesting. People like to say Sega will not do this and that, but I've always found them to be rather impulsive on what they do and don't.
Yes I have just been reading the discord, and apparently 4chsn has been right in the past, like I said no matter my opinion on 4chan I will always be excited about anything shenmue 4 related. I really hope it's real, also I must've missed something, is there a Shenmue NFT?

Edit:😯 I made a book
Yes I have just been reading the discord, and apparently 4chsn has been right in the past, like I said no matter my opinion on 4chan I will always be excited about anything shenmue 4 related.
4chan its just the channel, other people had spread true news using it in order to avoid public notoriety or even being prosecuted by a political regime. But usually is used to spread lies and hate campaigns practically for everyone.
Internet its like a distorted mirror of the real world and samewise, over the top moderation leads to a virtual cage and echo chambers. Abscence of moderation leads to 4chan, a peruvian jungle.
However my point was that imo the right thing to do is getting excited, without losing grip. Ok, it's not an official YS.net statement... Nothing was happening, not a single move, this adds sauce to the soup. Like has been said "butter of life" here.
Is there a Shenmue NFT?
Omg, not yet but now that you mention Yu-san is very capable of that. Because he has a marked love hate toward players, its very obvious in many moments at Shenmue. But its just a small and healthy hate, for his own sanity. Its common among devs, specially veterans.

The green outfit is what struck me the most as a real info. Even Hiki is in that line of thought iirc. Ryo's outfits mark his point in the hero journey of the soul, from savage/street performer in disarray to master/illuminated, and what should be expected in the next story chapter is the green gi (color for healing in China iirc) from concept art.
This isn't know by every casual out there but just, like Valascaziel pointed, those who properly got deep into the series lore.
That means that person is at least a fan.

What's left from former Sega is divided by the part of Sammy (with Sony capital and influence) the publisher division pushing for staying low, securing the IPs the own since long and those recently acquired. The development side push for growing and enter other markets like web3. Sega was bicephale and stills is.
So they're impulsive for some things and conservative for others. I bet that if they release new hardware (no) it will go with Hitachi and Yamaha for CPU and sound, and the whole Dreamcast embedded just for gamepad input 🥴

Are you the same user that posted about Shenmue IV at 4chan?
.. Lan Di's texture containing hands and dress all in the same page, weird.

Edit:
And... new misterious user gone. For the rest of you, can anybody tell me what's happening? If this is some april fools thing, please let me know.
The material library, textures style and scene lightning (unless is overshadowed for the picture in purpose) aren't all ok. The subtitles also look sharper than the rest of the image, idk at least to me does.

Last edited:
Are you the same user that posted about Shenmue IV at 4chan?
.. Lan Di's texture containing hands and dress all in the same page, weird.

Edit:
And... new misterious user gone. For the rest of you, can anybody tell me what's happening? If this is some april fools thing, please let me know.
The material library, textures style and scene lightning (unless is overshadowed for the picture in purpose) aren't all ok. The subtitles also look sharper than the rest of the image, idk at least to me does.
its was just an very bad april fool attempt, my real account is @Kenzo38130

Okay I've just seen the photo that d_jp posted what's this now?

I shared that photo in the Shenmue Reverse Engineers discord as an april fools joke xD
I was right that this was a RGG fans psy-op. You having tattooed full body doesn't give you the right to tease on the Wude.
Isn't any hostess breast to grab out there? You bored?

I was right that this was a RGG fans psy-op. You having tattooed full body doesn't give you the right to tease on the Wude.
Isn't any hostess breast to grab out there? You bored?
Sorry if i offended someone with this, i'm part of the "Shenmue: Dragon & Phoenix" team and just decided to make a small (and kinda obvious) april fools joke just for fun. I like RGG games like Yakuza and Judgment, but Shenmue has a special place in my heart so i'm surely not a fanboy of any of those franchises.

EDIT: And no i'm not the guy that posted that fake "leak" days ago.

Sorry if i offended someone with this, i'm part of the "Shenmue: Dragon & Phoenix" team and just decided to make a small (and kinda obvious) april fools joke just for fun. I like RGG games like Yakuza and Judgment, but Shenmue has a special place in my heart so i'm surely not a fanboy of any of those franchises.

EDIT: And no i'm not the guy that posted that fake "leak" days ago.
No mate, I thought it was clear that it was joking with the tatoos and hostess comment. I don't like to tag comments with /ironic mode on and such.

All my RGG hater stuff is just pose, I really admire Dragon Team work.
Everyone should be able to deal with an april fools without getting offended. At least thats what I like to think.

Mmm kind of obvious... yes. But the believer fills the gaps. I saw the old textures for Lan Di and I thought "that's off" but then "its a placeholder".

No mate, I thought it was clear that it was joking with the tatoos and hostess comment. I don't like to tag comments with /ironic mode on and such.

All my RGG hater stuff is just pose, I really admire Dragon Team work.
Everyone should be able to deal with an april fools without getting offended. At least thats what I like to think.

Mmm kind of obvious... yes. But the believer fills the gaps. I saw the old textures for Lan Di and I thought "that's off" but then "its a placeholder".
Oh, i was actually a bit confused if you were being ironic (language barrier i suppose?) but yeah my bad xD
Thanks for the nice words about our project! And indeed, april fools jokes like this shouldn't be taken seriously :p

The fact that screenshot could fool folks is why I don’t really have much faith in a random rumor. There were tweets like this every week when I bothered to look. I remember some account promising news and even had a count down, then had us use Morse code or something to find out we’re being trolled. It wasn’t Morse code but something similar… remember posting about it here at one point.

Would be nice to know what Ys Net is up to, tho. Did they ever respond to whoever it was who sent an email?

Air Twister didn’t even have a dust mote of existence on the net til ys net announced it. I used to search Google daily for news and rumors and can tell you there was no sign they had anything in development til they announced the game. Same goes for the Shenmue anime, tho I guess there was a rumor going around a week before it’s announcement. I’ve stopped searching. Maybe someone else should start doing a “ys net,” etc. search and see what comes up.

Last edited:
Back