Shenmue A Day

Jigen

Man Mo Journeyman
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Persona 5
This thread is to announce my very unique Shenmue playthrough that will follow the game in real time. Meaning I will start the game on November 29 and pick back up on December 3 and keep up with my playthrough as the days progress in real time. I will take things slow and just explore places and talk to people, train up moves, collect capsule etc. A very freeform sort of game play. This will not be some fast paced, action packed romp through Shenmue, rather a slow exploration; looking for unique dialog and maybe some secrets along the way all in real time. This series will progress with the entire saga so, expect some extended breaks along the way.

So if you're interested in watching along I have made a (crappy) trailer.
TRAILER

I will post occasional updates on this thread.
(Days will be recorded in advance due to my schedule.)

That warehouse stealth section can literally be ran through, so I'll be fine. :p I'm more worried about my horrendous combat skills.

I will be going OG with this, playing the Shenmue Undub version. This is to also explore some of the Shenmue Passport features. :D

Another minor update: Due to technical issues I will be recording the HD version, also unfortunately I have to play in English due to the Shenmue II audio restoration mod only being available in English. Since I will be playing with a PS5 controller on my PC there is a UI bug with the input display and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. Sorry, I do not mean to bump this so often.

Reactions: JP_
Since I will be playing with a PS5 controller on my PC there is a UI bug with the input display and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. Sorry, I do not mean to bump this so often.
Just a heads up, you can fix this by opening the Steam overlay while the game is running, clicking controller configuration, and changing the template from D3T's official layout to the generic 'Gamepad' template:

steamwebhelper_OFtpSL4RdD.png

Just a heads up, you can fix this by opening the Steam overlay while the game is running, clicking controller configuration, and changing the template from D3T's official layout to the generic 'Gamepad' template:
It works! Thank you so much. I owe you a beer now.

Due to technical issues I will be recording the HD version, also unfortunately I have to play in English due to the Shenmue II audio restoration mod only being available in English.
Just so you know there actually is another mod for this called redreamcasted. https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...udio-restored-redreamcasted.3248/#post-122786
It does also change a few other things like the notebook font, but if you didn’t want to change those you can just not install those files in the mod.

Sounds interesting! I've thought of doing this, but I think my schedule would make it pretty difficult.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel my plans going forward. My carpal tunnel symptoms have returned and have gotten worse. I have to stop gaming for the time being.

I am sorry. I may try next year. At this rate if I do not rest my arm the muscles may decay, so I must go get theraphy.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel my plans going forward. My carpal tunnel symptoms have returned and have gotten worse. I have to stop gaming for the time being.

I am sorry. I may try next year. At this rate if I do not rest my arm the muscles may decay, so I must go get theraphy.

Sucks to hear man, but it's good that you're putting your health first. Hope it all clears up soon!

Back