Shenmue and Virtua Fighter (Connections)

In Shenmue II we can see these scrolls on the walls of the character Shun Di in Wise Men's Kung Fu

1657494129213.png

In the interview 64 Rapid-Fire Questions the interviewer did this question for Yu Suzuki.

Interviewer: Does Shenmue takes place in the same universe as Virtua Fighter?

Yu Suzuki: That's tough.

1657554679010.png

With Yu Suzuki's reaction i understood that is really tough for him to explain this. Yu-san didn't answer if Shenmue takes place in the same universe as Virtua Fighter, Yu-san just said that's tough. With this i understood that it is tough for him to explain everything about this.

To me when Yu-san changed from VF RPG to Shenmue he didn't changed the main journey of the protagonist and other things, to me this is why Chunyan have Sarah moves, this is why Ryo is like a younger version of Akira, this is why we see Ryo learning more about Bajiquan in the story and much more.

It even feels as if we are seeing Akira's progress as a martial artist through Ryo as well and this is beautiful, Akira and Ryo complement each other, to me this is why we can see these connections in the Shenmue games. Yu-san changed some things but other things remained the same.

Maybe one day i will make a blog post about these connections, i already did a post in the blog about Akira And Ryo, but i want to do other post about more connections.

I don't know if Shenmue takes place in the same universe as Virtua Fighter, i just know that i love the connections that Shenmue have with Virtua Fighter, both games series by Yu Suzuki and his team, the connections are so nice that we can even imagine this as a multiverse type of thing.

Would be nice if one day we can see a mod of Shenmue characters in Virtua Fighter games, i hope SEGA do a Virtua Fighter x Shenmue pack for Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown.

i love the way Yu-san changed to Shenmue but decided to remain with the same story and now we have these connections, it is beautiful.

1657556242860.png

Back