Shenmue Anime: First Trailer

Jibby

🍇
Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
the waiting game.
The first trailer for the Shenmue Anime has now been released and it looks absolutely incredible!

ENGLISH:

JAPANESE:

The full panel can be seen for free here:

Last edited:
We are already seeing exactly what I hoped we would see:

BAaFCqP.png

v6NBRBe.png

Vn1TuFR.png

xmH9Jua.png

tt082LV.png

The anime is going to do such a great job at bringing in new fans, and that can only ever be a good thing for the franchise as a whole!

I'm tired and going to bed shortly, but just wanted to say the following in bullet points.

1) The animation looks incredible
2) The thought of new story beats is exciting!
3) Not sure what I think of the new Shenhua voice
4) The fact a 70 man battle exists is incredible.
5) Being a Shenmue fan is a wonderful feeling right now.
6) I'm desperate to see Nozomi in anime form <3

I will watch the trailer again and then go to bed!

Looks like we will see the martial arts tournament and so many other things, scenes that are not in the game. I need to watch this trailer again, this is wonderful and amazing, i need to see every detail of this trailer, beautiful

1633645022551.png

Everything looks just perfect.

BUT

I really don’t understand why they did not use the original Shenmue soundtrack, a remixed version of an existing theme maybe.
I remember reading somewhere that they confirmed they’ll be using the original ost for the anime, can anyone tell me if this is true?
I don’t understand why they used this anonymous and unfitting music for this trailer. Imagine watching it with “Earth and Sea” playing along.

Last edited:
I really don’t understand why they did not use the original Shenmue soundtrack, a remixed version of an existing theme maybe.
I remember reading somewhere that they confirmed they’ll be using the original ost for the anime, can anyone tell me if this is true?
I don’t understand why they used this anonymous and unfitting music for this trailer. Imagine watching it with “Earth and Sea” playing along.
It'll have an original score with motifs harking back to the game OST, I believe.

What an impact! It was VERY combat heavy... which could be a little misleading... but still certainly gave the series some OOMPH!

I haven't heard much about this tournament or Ryo's life prior to the events of the game (Other than flashbacks shown with his farther), So to have a few extra bits of lore is a thrill!

Animation and voice acting was top-class! That 70-Man battle is going to be a Riot!

My only concern is that they're potentially fitting in most of Shen 2 aswell - judging by the final promotional shot of Ryo & Lan Di on the rooftop... I don't know I just fear it might be too compressed but that doesn't hold my excitement back. What we've seen today is very VERY encouraging.

It'll have an original score with motifs harking back to the game OST, I believe.
I am open to new music but I sincerely hope they will remix the original themes somehow and include them. Not just motifs.
Shenmue music is a huge part of the experience

Back