Shenmue Anime: First Trailer

Sorry for bringing eyepatch boi up, we really shouldn't waste time on him imo I just thought it was funny to see ๐Ÿ™‡โ€โ™€๏ธ

Eh, don't be sorry. It is amusing to me :D

Like I said, I don't wish ill will on the guy or anything, but yeah...no. No love for his click bait.

If he cared about the franchise he'd have never have made that video, simple as that.
I disagree actually criticism can help Yu Suzuki make a much more polished game at the end of the day. But like others said let's stop talking about Wolf and celebrate the anime we are all still friends at the end of the day.

I disagree actually criticism can help Yu Suzuki make a much more polished game at the end of the day.

I don't think it's the fact that its criticism that bothers people about that video...it's moreso the half truths presented in it.

Criticism is fine in general. I know we here all have our own critiques on SIII as is. But some of the things in that video are just too half-truth and clickbaity and that's the issue people had with it moreso than anything.

I get where Spud is coming from, part of me agrees. He kind of went for clicks with half truths over substance. But anyways, no ill will for the guy, just didn't care for that video...But moving on...(shrugs)

I disagree actually criticism can help Yu Suzuki make a much more polished game at the end of the day. But like others said let's stop talking about Wolf and celebrate the anime we are all still friends at the end of the day.
Constructive criticism yes. Click-bait hyperbole.... absolutely not.

But agreed that's the last I will speak on the matter.

Yeah, critique and dislike shenmue 3 all you want. But that video was made for drama, views and to paint a narrarive. There's so much misinformation in there and sneaky sly tactics to push a hyperbolic response. All good for him though, he made thousands of dollars from it at the expense of the shenmue ip and yu suzuki's reputation. I cant remember all the specifics, so youll have to look at the eyepatch wolf thread where we list everything, but yeah, that anit no ally of the series in my view at all.

But lets not derail the thread. Head over to the eyepatch wolf thread if you want to go into the specifics. Lets jump back on topic

In the panel we saw that Kowloon will be in the anime, i think the ending of the first season will be in Kowloon or in Guilin in the part where Shenmue II ended.

Looks like this scene is the cave scene so there is a possiblity that the ending of the first season will be in the cave part.

1633701227081.png

Other thing i noticed, Ryo is not with the band-aid here, and in another part we can see blood in his face when fighting Chai, so Chai will be the one that will make a scar in Ryo? it will not be in the tournament?

Maybe this scene will be one of the first scenes of the first episode. I think Ryo will get the scar here or in the tournament. Yu Suzuki said that Ryo got his scar in the tournament. So many questions, i need to watch this anime.

1633701272819.png

Finally had a minute to watch the trailer. Looks great. It states .... 13(?) full episodes? What's the run time on a full episode? 30 min? 60 min? How long are we expecting the anime to last in run time?... then... is it going to finish the story or are the fans going to be screwed out of an ending in this format as well? Do we have that info?

Finally had a minute to watch the trailer. Looks great. It states .... 13(?) full episodes? What's the run time on a full episode? 30 min? 60 min? How long are we expecting the anime to last in run time?... then... is it going to finish the story or are the fans going to be screwed out of an ending in this format as well? Do we have that info?
Full length Anime series usually ends up being 22 mins per episode including intro and outro, and most likely recap.

So probably about 12-15 mins exclusive content per episode. If they tone down the recap (lol) we could get 16-17 mins of exclusive new content per episode.

looks pretty good. just wondering what's going to happen when they get upto shenmue3.. is the anime going to overtake the games, story wise?

Full length Anime series usually ends up being 22 mins per episode including intro and outro, and most likely recap.

So probably about 12-15 mins exclusive content per episode. If they tone down the recap (lol) we could get 16-17 mins of exclusive new content per episode.
Ok... so with 13 episodes at 15 minutes each, that's about 3.25 hours.

I saw someone post that this may be season 1 meaning there could be more seasons. Has that been confirmed? Has it been confirmed that this anime will cover the entire series? I'm wondering if I should wait to watch it until all parts are released.

I saw someone post that this may be season 1 meaning there could be more seasons. Has that been confirmed? Has it been confirmed that this anime will cover the entire series? I'm wondering if I should wait to watch it until all parts are released.
I heard they said it will cover up to Kowloon.

First real positive Shenmue coverage I've seen in a long time, everywhere. I'm a believer in what this anime can do for this series. We need all the wins we can get and this is looking like a good new start. Let's hope the final product matches the quality of the teaser.

I saw the trailer for the thousandth time and i noticed that this is the only moment that the tiger is not in Ryo's Jacket. They are working in the anime so they will probably added in this scene or this have another reason for this.

Maybe in the anime we will see how Ryo got his jacket, in Shenmue III we can see Ryo talking about this but maybe there is more about this story with the jacket. I watched this trailer so many times, wonderful. ๐Ÿ˜

1633704202731.png

Last edited:

As far as Iโ€™m aware, it is not confirmed that there will be more seasons, yet, but itโ€™s more a matter of whether or not this run does numbers for AS and CR.

It was either in the producerโ€™s interview from earlier this year, or in a tweet from the AS guy, but it was stated that this batch of episodes will primarily focus on Chapter 1, and may make it into parts of Shenmue II, but they were still planning. (Now that I think about it, Iโ€™m pretty sure it was talked about in the interview, and somewhat confirmed by AS, because I recall some discussion on how the team was very excited to get into the characters and story of SII, but getting there may not have been a flow or a pace that they want.)

I saw the trailer for the thousandth time and i noticed that this is the only moment that the tiger is not in Ryo's Jacket. They are working in the anime so they will probably added in this scene or this have another reason for this.

Maybe in the anime we will see how Ryo got his jacket, in Shenmue III we can see Ryo talking about this but maybe there is more about this story with the jacket. I watched this trailer so many times, wonderful. ๐Ÿ˜

View attachment 13067
Fuku-San or Ine-San sows it on for him in an emotional moment lol

I went into this without much thought of what to expect and I have to say, I'm pleaseantly surprised by how this looks!

They really got the martial arts feel down with the swift movements and really meaty punches, making it feel larger than life in just the right way. I dig how you can instantly recognize plot points and even little items like the amulet from the game, because they are presented so close to the original. Also really like that we finally get to see the scene explaining the origin of Ryo's band aid, considering this was only ever briefly touched upon in obscure text form.

I do have to say that Ryo looks a bit too old and too generic for my liking (good thing he has his trademark plaster). Also, as someone who has the shape of the sword handguard in his logo... Why did they make it round? As the heralidry of the family crest has it: SNOW ring. Yeah I know it's just a minor thing and Ryo didn't give much about his heritage in the game at all.

Last edited:
Back