Shenmue Anime will be at New York Comic Con

Looking forward to it.

Still think the trailer will drop at some point shortly beforehand, but it's going to be very funny if it doesn't and those of us who didn't buy the streaming ticket have to listen to the "Ooo" and "Aahhhh" audio reactions before seeing for ourselves.

I'm just glad it still exists! Happy that we get to see something soon. I hope they can capture some of that small-town charm from the first game. Would love to see the Dobuita NPCs come to life in a new way. And then they can really lean into the action of Hong Kong and magic of Guilin.

Could go either way really. But I'm cautiously optimistic. But damn - Shenmue fans really have gone through the wringer in the past 20 years. Once again the game series is in limbo but a totally unrelated side project emerges. Hopefully they don't end up revealing this as Shenmue Online: the Anime.

Today's the day.

Will be keeping an eye out if anything drops (or leaks) beforehand, but leaning towards whatever they have to show being debuted on the panel before releasing elsewhere.

Short of a fully fledged trailer, I'd be happy just to see a slightly condensed version of the opening cutscene of the original game in anime form - which is to this very day one of the best videogame cutscenes of all time and an absolutely killer hook for a series.

So what time is it in Australian time? I hope I will be up to check out the live stream but these things usually occur early morning while I'm asleep over here.

Here's hoping for a trailer. Even if it's just a tease...I'll take it. I just want to see what this show looks like in motion.

So what time is it in Australian time? I hope I will be up to check out the live stream but these things usually occur early morning while I'm asleep over here.

Here's hoping for a trailer. Even if it's just a tease...I'll take it. I just want to see what this show looks like in motion.
I think 8.15am your time but double check that.

Hey, I just went to go buy the tickets and couldn’t find them. Are they no longer available? Sorry if that’s been covered in the thread already.

edit: figured it out, never mind.

Last edited:
Back