Shenmue Characters in SEGA Heroes!

James Brown

Administrator
It would be pretty crazy for this to not end up being Ryo Hazuki as the next playable character in SEGA's recent mobile action puzzler SEGA Heroes :p

Almost but confirmed by the Sonic the Hedgehog twitter account in response to a Ryo Hazuki looking shadow in SEGA Heroes original teasing tweet!

Are you excited about this announcement...did you ever play the app originally? I quite enjoyed what I played, until it got a little repetitive and I reached a point that felt like it was getting a little too hard, and dependent on forking out a bit of cash to make life easier.

No doubt they'll make Ryo the hardest character in the game to unlock knowing Shenmue fans will throw money around to make it happen :D

D7-hDkbXoAE4hO5

Last edited:
This game is so grind heavy, but it is strangely addictive. As I refuse to spend money on it, I look forward to unlocking Ryo in a year's time!

Shenhua incoming!

Awesome stuff! Excited to see what kind of attack moves they give her, or if she'll be more of a support character? Since we have nothing really to go off of yet in terms of her actually "attacking" in the world of Shenmue lol...unless you call those mystical powers at the end of 2 something :D

Also updated the thread title to reflect this news better!

Is anyone of you playing the game? I am since launch and it is pretty fun to play, also I haven't spent a cent and I have been able to progress a lot and have almost all characters, but I use to play Free to play games that way

How have you unlocked all characters? Just by opening the daily chests? I have went as far as I can in the campaign without getting pummelled, so I need to level up. I try and do a daily challenge here and there, but I don't understand how you have unlocked almost everyone without buying packages. I mean I have also been playing from launch and still have 24 characters still to unlock.

How have you unlocked all characters? Just by opening the daily chests? I have went as far as I can in the campaign without getting pummelled, so I need to level up. I try and do a daily challenge here and there, but I don't understand how you have unlocked almost everyone without buying packages. I mean I have also been playing from launch and still have 24 characters still to unlock.
Only Shenhua, Selvaria Bles and Largo Potter remaining. Also I got to save more than 5k gems but use them in the Event Chest to try to get Ryo. Also when I started I focussed on collecting characters from the Story and the Survival / Arena Stores

Only Shenhua, Selvaria Bles and Largo Potter remaining. Also I got to save more than 5k gems but use them in the Event Chest to try to get Ryo. Also when I started I focussed on collecting characters from the Story and the Survival / Arena Stores

But how can you focus on collecting characters in the story, when you cant progress due to battles being too OP? It has severe balancing issues. For example, I am now at a point in the campaign which I cant progress (level 13), and its not clear how to progress, other than grind the 3 hour chests or pay.

Also, in the daily challenges, I can beat the first stage, but then on the second stage, the enemies are impossible to beat thanks to those gems that either do damage to me, or give the enemies health every round unless I match the gems (which is complete RnG)

I will keep playing, but it's safe to say I am not overly enjoying its grind mechanics now.

But how can you focus on collecting characters in the story, when you cant progress due to battles being too OP? It has severe balancing issues. For example, I am now at a point in the campaign which I cant progress (level 13), and its not clear how to progress, other than grind the 3 hour chests or pay.

Also, in the daily challenges, I can beat the first stage, but then on the second stage, the enemies are impossible to beat thanks to those gems that either do damage to me, or give the enemies health every round unless I match the gems (which is complete RnG)

I will keep playing, but it's safe to say I am not overly enjoying its grind mechanics now.
Wich is your A Team now and what level? I am using now Tyris, Tails, Sonic and PS2 Shinobi, but I started with Gilliuws, Knuckles, Death Adder and Ax Battler, then try to upgrade levels and stars, using the anergy to collect the ones that were available in the story. I recall that there was someone a clear paywall that took me a couple of weeks of grinding to avoid.

Back