Shenmue clothing/custom jacket

Here's my Shenmue clothing I own.

PXL_20210510_175859876~2.jpg

The jacket is an authentic Vintage Avirex A2 I had customised with the Tiger on the back.

I decided to get this done after owning the Insert Coin Shenmue jacket (since sold it on). The quality was so poor for the price, just a generic PVC faux-leather product and just didn't feel comfortable to actually *wear*.

Copped the Avirex on eBay and was exactly what I was looking for - real leather, nice patina, and good condition. It is so heavy 😅 but damn it's so comfy and warm.

I commission led someone in the UK who was experienced at doing designs on leather to paint the design.

In all honesty it fits a little big, but I love it.

PXL_20210510_090821921.PORTRAIT.jpg

The Timex I found used on FB or eBay .
It's the Timex Expedition Indiglo T433914E with the white face. (For the record the T43371 is the watch with the black face).

Mine works fine except the button to activate the backlight doesn't work 😭 (The light comes on when the alarm beeps so I know it's only the button!). I use it as a daily watch, aside from a short time when I wore a Fitbit that I lost way too soon!

I actually have another exact watch, but THAT one the ring around the watch (where INDIGLO ALARM is stamped) fell off and the crystal is a little scratched. Maybe one day I'll take them apart and Frankenstein them both together to make one that works properly haha.

Thought I'd share 🙂

The patches on the 2018 insert coin jacket and hoody are very good though, but I agree the jacket material is not the best. My plan is that when the hoody wears out I will cut out the patches and apply them to a high quality brown leather jacket. Best of both worlds hopefully !

The crystal on the Timex can be polished up with polywatch,only costs a few pounds. Mine was in very poor shape when I got it, but a new strap and some polywatch buffing and it came out great

IMG_20210518_102735.jpg

Back