Shenmue Dojo Forum Features

Good thing that avatars are now in high res, thanks. Before that, they were blurred on my 4k monitor.

any upcoming new features? maybe a 20th-anniversary forum theme might be out of the question?

any upcoming new features? maybe a 20th-anniversary forum theme might be out of the question?
We don't have any major features planned at the moment as far as I'm aware. A lot of our resources just now are being focussed on projects such as the podcast, interviews, and the Shenmue World fan magazine.

A new forum theme isn't completely out of the question for some point in the future, but we can't make any promises on when that would be just yet.

We don't have any major features planned at the moment as far as I'm aware. A lot of our resources just now are being focussed on projects such as the podcast, interviews, and the Shenmue World fan magazine.

A new forum theme isn't completely out of the question for some point in the future, but we can't make any promises on when that would be just yet.
dope. Yeah I'm one of the guys planning to buy a copy of shenmue world fan mag. I reached out to you guys on facebook about it actually. look forward to it.

Hey. Recently I was wondering if there was a Discord server for Shenmue Dojo or if you've thought about doing this or not?

Hello,

It is something we have been thinking of and haven't really delved too much into given the other projects we've had running.

That said it is on the list to explore further but one concern was around it taking traffic away from here/the site itself as well as moderating it effectively.

But we will look into this further a bit later in the year.

one concern was around it taking traffic away from here/the site itself as well as moderating it effectively.
That's also the concern I have tbh, but I was wondering if it was on your head. I'm sure there's a way to make it happen without making the site obsolete.

But I'll let you decide

I think making a dojo discord would take away from the forum, btw so think it's a bad idea.

Another question I have is I notice we now have live streams that show. Is it possible member's streams themselves could show or is that not in the cards?

I think making a dojo discord would take away from the forum, btw so think it's a bad idea.

Another question I have is I notice we now have live streams that show. Is it possible member's streams themselves could show or is that not in the cards?
So yes it is able to get members streams on there.

What it does is search Twitch for all active Shenmue streams and then list the top 3 on the main forums page in order of amount of viewers.

Other streams can be found if you click see all live streams.

Members Twitch streams should automatically be picked up as part of this.

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all keeping well as we approach Xmas and more importantly the 2nd anniversary of Shenmue 3 being released.

We're making some changes to the layout of the forums with the creation of a Dojo Content Section. We've had feedback that people want the content in an easy to access area so we have gone along and created that. It will take us a little time to move everything over so please bear with us.

As with any of our sections on the page you can choose whether or not you wish for it to pop up by pushing the yellow button next to the category name.

If anyone has any suggestions then please do contact James and I directly.

Thank you for continuing to support the Dojo and Shenmue!

i know shenmuedojo has sent out official pm's/emails in the past ( including once a terrible April fools joke lol) but i was wondering.. when shenmue 4 gets officially announced, is there any chance all forum members could get a pm message or email to alert us the good news?

i was pretty late to finding out shenmue 3 was announced..and as a fan who spend many years waiting for it, it kinda sucked not finding out on the same day.

i know shenmuedojo has sent out official pm's/emails in the past ( including once a terrible April fools joke lol) but i was wondering.. when shenmue 4 gets officially announced, is there any chance all forum members could get a pm message or email to alert us the good news?

i was pretty late to finding out shenmue 3 was announced..and as a fan who spend many years waiting for it, it kinda sucked not finding out on the same day.
Absolutely. We can do a full email to all members

Okay. So here are some of my ideas.

Well, I noticed that we run on xenforo. And, I realized since we are a Shenmue forum and considering VF5 is a Sega title that is born of the mind of Shenmue. It'd be a nice touch for the forum and interactivity if we hold Shenmue dojo tourneys where people are matched up in a bracket where ya know the winners can earn badges (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-badges.8456/) to be placed within their profile that is shown under their username and title. Of course, a graphic design artist would have to create the icons but I am sure we could even use Shenmue-themed things from the games (which also presents an endless set of icons to be used) or Sega related icons as well.

I just figured it'd add another dimension to our forum and can be used for more things than VF5. I think it would help foster more community than we have and perhaps can help for the influx of new faces we may end up seeing due to the anime. We could even list winners of tourneys in future Shenmue World mags, interviews with winners. It just can bring a lot more amazing content to the forum and site. Which is always a plus if you ask me.

Back