Shenmue Dojo's Step by Step Guide to Installing I & II Mods [Video Tutorial]

PSN
FlagshipFighter
XBL
FlagshipFighter
Edit: Updated video available - please use this one instead

Interested in revamping your Shenmue 1&2 experience with mods, but don't know where to start?

Fret not! Our own ShenmueGuru has put together a VERY comprehensive video tutorial on how to freshen up your next playthrough... today!

A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE to all the modders & testers across the forums & Shenmue community at large for putting all their (relentless!) passion, talents & efforts into this! Your legend will never die!

And without further ado, LET'S GET MODDY!

followed the tutorial video to the T now Shenmue 1 will freeze and close
Spec: I7 7700HQ
GPU: GTX 1050 4GB
RAM: 12GB
Storage: 1TB WD M.2 SSD

I have followed the video tutorial, but the texture mods don't work at all (did everything according to the video). The game only shows the old textures. Another problem: there is no dxgi.ini file in my sm1 or sm2 folder (only dxgi.dll and dxgi.pdb).

Edit: Found a solutions from the youtube comments: "You have to have create folders in "Documents": Documents\My Mods\SpecialK\PlugIns\ThirdParty\ReShade Then you have to put ReShade64.dll in there. ALso you need to copy the folder SK-Res into Documents\My Mods\SpecialK "

Last edited:
Hello!
Could somebody help me with Special K?
- after i put first 3 files (custom_dxgi.ini, dxgi.dll и dxgi.pdb) in game folder sm1 i'v gott message - "Internal error 0x0D: Inteface not found: SteamUser023!" and game doesn't run??

Last edited:
so if special k is not working well has someone allowed it to where the shenmue 2 texture mod works with forklift or no?

I got my questions answered on discord.

Back