Shenmue Dragon And Phoenix Collection

While I think Virtua Bros did a good job of exposing this project to the masses, I think it would be best if we get someone on social media with a lot more reach like Digital Foundry to report on this project.
I think when this project has some public releases it will get huge exposure as its going to be incredible and a huge achievement for a fan based project.

I only worry that Sega will do a Nintendo on us.. So I am happy for its attention to be minimal until release.

Also great work guys!! Loving the updates!

I think when this project has some public releases it will get huge exposure as its going to be incredible and a huge achievement for a fan based project.

I only worry that Sega will do a Nintendo on us.. So I am happy for its attention to be minimal until release.

Also great work guys!! Loving the updates!
I don't think there's any real precedent for Sega to do anything. None of the game's assets are going to be distributed as part of the mod, it just uses what's already on the user's PC. Plus, Sega has been okay with full-on remakes that do use their assets in the past, so if those are safe then this should be A-OK.

Sergeynest

Keep your Mind as clear as a Polished Mirror.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Zelda Breath of the Wild
While I think Virtua Bros did a good job of exposing this project to the masses, I think it would be best if we get someone on social media with a lot more reach like Digital Foundry to report on this project.
That is a great idea; John Linneman is known for being a fan of the series; i'm almost certain he would be glad to report the project and considering that their videos tend to focus more on the technicall aspects of the games it would be perfect to show the improvements and changes made in both the Dragon and Phoenix editions of the games.

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Given the various press articles around the Eric Kelso mod since that released I'd be pretty confident that this project will catch fire once a demo/gameplay is shown.

Remember IGN ran a story on it and that was "only" screenshots and without the push of a stream + YouTube release as well.

This is extremely amazing.

And I am really excited to see how Shenmue 2 will benefit of this, because of the first 2 it's the one that needs this visual revamp that make Hong Kong truly shine.
That’s an interesting point, I assume one area of the game that does feel and look dated was the foliage and with UE4 with no repeated textures Guilin would really shine.

With that said I’m sure those large urban environments will look great with a lot of modern techniques and visual tweaks.

Are you allowed to accept financial donations from people or would that put you at risk of being sued? This project looks really exciting and I would like to be able to support it in some way.

I don't know how far you're in development, but do you plan to ask Sega to make it an official remake eventually? Now they are more open to this kind of initiatives.

Of course there is always a risk involved, but it would be great to have an official remake of this kind, imagine working side by side with Am2, like Sonic Mania people had Sega's Sonic Team at their side.