Shenmue Dragon And Phoenix Collection

BruceWayne911

Upper Knuckle (⬅️ ⬅️ 🤜)
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Secret of Monkey Island & Phoenix Wright Trials & Tribulations
@LemonHaze please give us Virtual Fighter in the You Arcade for Dragon & Phoenix collection.

Honorable Mentions: Daytona USA, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Cop, Die Hard, House of the Dead.

Bonus: Sega Genesis/Saturn emulator on Ryo's Saturn.

Last edited:

Tentei

ライトニング
Favourite title
Shenmue II
PSN
miraigaara
I would be fine with just virtual fighter myself. lol

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Tekken 7 (always Tekken 7)
PSN
danmann861
Steam
danielmann861
The amount of support here is insane! Definitely motivated to keep working on the project and try to get something everyone would like to play.

To all of the people who have messaged and/or joined the Discord server to help out, I will be responding from tonight to everyone, sorry for the delay!
If I had the talent to help, I'd gladly offer it but I don't know a thing about coding or what not...but from sitting back afar, I'll be a cheer leader instead and support the work from you crazy talented people. :D

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
in my defense I was half sleep and trying to get james to send me the info to send for the shenmue world mag on facebook.

:p
I've let James know you're trying to get in touch.

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Tekken 7 (always Tekken 7)
PSN
danmann861
Steam
danielmann861
Has John Linneman of Digital Foundry mentioned anything about this? Curious since I don't have a Twitter.

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Has John Linneman of Digital Foundry mentioned anything about this? Curious since I don't have a Twitter.
Not publicly.

We did tag him in a post about it but nothing otherwise.

Tentei

ライトニング
Favourite title
Shenmue II
PSN
miraigaara
perhaps we should keep tagging him in everything. haha..

I know this is happening but can someone explain how? A small community of modders is about to out do Sega, a company with millions and development teams? How? Please explain this to me and talk REAL SLOW.
Passion is a big factor. It's all about dedication and wanting to do something if you've the knowledge to make it a reality.

There's another project that's been in development for years to turn Capcom's "RE4 HD" into something worthy of that title. Last I checked, he was inching ever closer to it being fully complete. Maybe another 2 or 3 months left of tweaks, upgrades and polish. It looks very nice.

Not to be "that guy," but is there any chance that Sega may issue a C&D? Technically a mod is probably okay, but since you are converting it to another engine, I'm not sure how that is considered.

BruceWayne911

Upper Knuckle (⬅️ ⬅️ 🤜)
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Secret of Monkey Island & Phoenix Wright Trials & Tribulations
Not to be "that guy," but is there any chance that Sega may issue a C&D? Technically a mod is probably okay, but since you are converting it to another engine, I'm not sure how that is considered.
As long as no one is profiting there shouldn't be a issue.

Jibby

🍇
Site Staff
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Beat Saber
I think we're lucky that Shenmue is a SEGA IP. They've always seemed a lot more chill with fan stuff. I remember one time they even joked in the comments section of a Sonic fan game about C&Ding the project, so for them to go ahead and actually do something like that would feel real out of character. Think it also helps that you need to own a legit copy of the re-releases.

If Shenmue was a Nintendo IP on the other hand, this project would almost certainly be dead by now.

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
I think we're lucky that Shenmue is a SEGA IP. They've always seemed a lot more chill with fan stuff. I remember one time they even joked in the comments section of a Sonic fan game about C&Ding the project, so for them to go ahead and actually do something like that would feel real out of character. Think it also helps that you need to own a legit copy of the re-releases.

If Shenmue was a Nintendo IP on the other hand, this project would almost certainly be dead by now.
Sega still is what Nintendon't.;)

24Nathan

I mean, they were really weird about that Streets Of Rage fan game years ago, as well as some Shining Force videos on YouTube. Don't know the circumstances, but they seem to be oddly picky about doing stuff like that.

Tentei

ライトニング
Favourite title
Shenmue II
PSN
miraigaara
I think part of it because they know it's a Yu title as well with a huge fanbase. And placing a C&D on anything Shenmue related would likely be disrespectful to Yu. And, you know how that culture feels about respect and honor. So, I think we are protected on that front alone. They know for a fact Yu would be happy such an undertaking is happening. And, maybe would push him even faster to make Shenmue 4. Perhaps him seeing a finished copied would spark even more of his will to do it. Thats why I am sure outside of it being a personal passion project. Them and us have to do everything we been doing as a fan base to push this series and even these remasters they are working on like its an official release.

I am here to be one of those guys.