Shenmue Fan Art

Okays, I think I'm about done with it! Probably about 70% content with it but for a 1st attempt with ProMarkers it was a good experiement. I might neaten up a few details but the majority of it is pretty much there.

I just wanted to visualise the vision I have when ever I have thought about Shenmue III for the last 2 decades! Ryo having breached Chi You Men HQ's (Not on his own, I imagine outside the barracks there has been a massive battle), Finally facing off with Lan Di and being defeated. Only to have him tower over him quoting "Get up..."

Okays, I think I'm about done with it!

not bad. have you considered doing some light tracing before your pen work? you could use images from movies, tv shows (google images search) or even your own photos as reference, to capture the exact composition you need.

before you think tracing is cheating, watch this clip of the master star wars poster artist drew struzan

View attachment 3731
Okays, I think I'm about done with it! Probably about 70% content with it but for a 1st attempt with ProMarkers it was a good experiement. I might neaten up a few details but the majority of it is pretty much there.

I just wanted to visualise the vision I have when ever I have thought about Shenmue III for the last 2 decades! Ryo having breached Chi You Men HQ's (Not on his own, I imagine outside the barracks there has been a massive battle), Finally facing off with Lan Di and being defeated. Only to have him tower over him quoting "Get up..."

Mind if I repost on SoMe with credits?

View attachment 3731

Good work! Did you add some sharpness in photoshop?

Thanks guys :)
@Alexey - I did yeah, I took a photo of it as I havrn't got my A3 scanner set up yet. Hope to do so soon :)
It is not a problem because I think It looks better without sharp tool. I like when drawing pictures have some blur but maybe it's only good for me. Great work anyway! :)

Last edited:
Making some count down fan art for the final week before Shenmue lll finally releases! So far I have just these 4, but I’ll be working on the rest and hopefully finish them soon! I’ll be posting these on my social medias as the days go on, I’m so excited that we’re at the final stretch! :LOL:

1C29919D-3CCF-4923-BAAF-A847A8330D19.jpeg
D744DAF4-0F58-4437-8ECC-B7885ACC8285.jpeg

1B437B1C-3CCB-4789-A5AC-8D5FF0026D38.jpeg
98805718-2ECE-4E36-BE9B-70DE7B0A7151.jpeg

Here’s the rest of them, it’s crazy to think that in a few short days we’ll be playing Shenmue lll! It feels almost unreal that we‘re finally getting a continuation after waiting for so long!! :ROFLMAO:

A05399F7-FFA3-40E1-9487-487F1A28F731.jpeg
E6682E02-FED7-4179-8775-7DA4DE56669F.jpeg

F8356848-EF0B-4FC0-BE9F-4B456298C1AB.jpeg

Hope you guys enjoy seeing these as much as I love making them! :giggle:

Shenmue 3 is finally here! I can hardly believe it, that after so long there’s finally a continuation...

63811F17-1DC4-4DDB-8917-F4BAAA13F764.jpeg
Here’s a little compilation of my countdown pieces, (along with Shenhua) to celebrate the release! :LOL:

Shenmue 3 is finally here! I can hardly believe it, that after so long there’s finally a continuation...

View attachment 5627
Here’s a little compilation of my countdown pieces, (along with Shenhua) to celebrate the release! :LOL:

Beautiful! Can't make it fit on Instagram though, can you Help me edit it to fit? It's such a lovely piece!

Back