Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Alan Wake
PSN
The_TimeRanger
Nintendo Friend Code
SW-4584-9310-8810
I saw that there were a couple of Shenmue fan art submission on the Dojo’s Instagram account today, which made me think. We don’t have a thread for that ?

Anyone make anything from years past or current? Any one maybe up for funny challenges?

Anyway, to start things off, here are a couple I did years ago, trying to learn Illustrator.

7236F589-E99E-4E28-BAE1-4E1ECEFD91F4.jpeg
59A005F9-7FF4-4D23-8257-E0A54C19367E.jpeg

Didn't see another topic like this but if there is one just merge them I guess...

Just wanted a place where we can all post our Shenmue art. I'm not much of an artist but I do very much enjoy taking screenshots via NullDC and then cleaning up the image as best I can for some cool effect. I'll post a few here:

EDIT: A lot of these are transparencies so that explains the awful white background on most of them lol

TOM.pngBARTOON.pngWATCH.pngMJQ.pngrsz_1rsz_untitledEDITED.pngSNACKLINDA.pngpath3371.pngPIG.pngHANDGUARD.png

Merged your thread with an existing art thread :)

Those vending machines and cans would make some great tat merchandise Mattis! Machines look to be a good shape for a phone case, and the cans fridge magnets :p
Thanks buddy! Now there is an idea ? ??

This is the biggest piece of Shenmue fan-art I've ever done:

Yokosuka Blues: A Shenmue Story

maxresdefault.jpg

...Shameless plug, I know...:rolleyes:

Digging through folders, I found these, I was making all the buildings in Dobuita at some point. I’ll have to find the rest.

5799C1D9-90BA-46C6-A536-73072AB0ED3D.jpeg
42348886-65FD-45AF-8A4C-27A8C0A70375.jpeg

I've been enjoying going through everything Shenmue on fanfiction.net (there's an Ine-San rap that just kills it), and seeing peoples doodles and drawings on various SoMe. @pilman has that awesome oil painting going. I just love all this stuff.

If anyone want to share anything, pics, paintings, drawings, poetry, stories, songs, please do! Links are welcome just add a sentence of what's in them in case people are at work. (Yeah. Blunt.)

sketch-1539311744590.png

Here is some artwork I did last night.
To those who know me on Twitter or YouTube under the nickname "Hulkerine100", you probably saw this in one of my Tweets. The only two things I didn't create was Ryo Hazuki or the Shenmue logo, they were PNG files I found on Google Images™ but the starry night sky with the full moon and flying eagle silhouette are all done by me. I created the background through a paint app.

Hope you all like it :D

Last edited:
Here's another fan art I did with Lan Di, obviously I'm not his fan but he's part of the game's storyline. Again the Lan Di PNG picture isn't mine nor is the Shenmue logo but the stormy, rainy, lightning sky background was what I created through a paint app.

Enjoy!

sketch-1539364371420.png

Here is my latest Shenmue fan artwork.
I created the cloudy, sunny blue sky myself, the only thing that is not mine is the PNG Shenmue logo & the PNG picture of Nozomi.
I used a paint app and both images that are not mine were from Google Images™.

Happy Shenmue Day!

sketch-1541224952697.png

Don’t mean to plug it again, but I thought I’d share this here. Our Shenmue fan-film just won Best Action Comedy Short Film at The Urban Action Showcase International Film Festival & Expo in NYC this past weekend:

0B1E347A-F076-4FFD-BD1E-F366433402CC.jpeg
It was great seeing this on the big screen for the first time.

Thanks again to the Shenmue community and all those who watched it!

Don’t mean to plug it again, but I thought I’d share this here. Our Shenmue fan-film just won Best Action Comedy Short Film at The Urban Action Showcase International Film Festival & Expo in NYC this past weekend:

View attachment 1450
It was great seeing this on the big screen for the first time.

Thanks again to the Shenmue community and all those who watched it!
That's impressive stuff. Have you got a link to the awards website? This is the sort of thing that makes our community so special and I'd like to share it on the dojo Facebook page.

Well done

Back