Shenmue Fighting Game

~ ひかり ~

このまま・・・時間が止まるといい
Site Staff
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
On TeamYu.net i found that someone in 2014 was creating a Shenmue Fighting Game.

The person said this...

(Concept art screenshot.)
I'm very seriously toying with the idea of making what you see in this picture. A Shenmue themed Street Fighter II style game, with a massive cast of Shenmue characters (some unlockable), and iconic locations from both games.
This is very achievable using Mugen fighter maker (the project would be called Shenmugen), simply by ripping screenshots from the games in order to create sprite sheets for each character. The moves could then be programmed to emulate real controls from Shenmue (-> -> punch for elbow assault, etc).
It's all fairly easy, but it requires a ton of sprite ripping. So if you feel like lending a hand with this, let me know (you'd need nullDC or another emulator working on your PC). For the rest of you, please tell me what / who you'd like to see in this game!

Project updates:

• Work has only just started, but we're still very open to the idea of more people helping.
  • We've created a cdi disc image for Shenmue which lets you train on a plain pink background. This makes ripping sprites so much faster. If you're interested in helping gather sprites, I can upload this cdi for people to download and use on emulators.
  • We're currently in talks about which engine / style would be best; Mugen (Virtua Fighter) or OpenBoR (Streets of Rage). Please see the second post for details. Feel free to chime in.
qWNJ2iJ.jpg

The post of the person was in 2014, anyone knows if this game is complete and playable? maybe the person didn't finish the game, i don't know.

Anyone interested in this project? anyone interested in seeing a Shenmue fighting game aswell? we can talk about this here. In my opinion a Shenmue Fighting game is a beautiful idea, we can put so many characters and locations, thank you.

Such game would be really funny although it would just be Virtua Fighter with Shenmue Characters. I would buy day one without any questions. You even could include some fun characters like the Forklift. Sega did something similar already when they included the car of Daytona USA in fighting vipers.

I wish we had one.

I was hoping someone would make a MUGEN shenmue game at some point
A Shenmugen would be great. 😊 About MUGEN i only found this Ryo

Such game would be really funny although it would just be Virtua Fighter with Shenmue Characters. I would buy day one without any questions. You even could include some fun characters like the Forklift. Sega did something similar already when they included the car of Daytona USA in fighting vipers.
I would buy day one aswell, but i don't think SEGA will do this game so i'm talking about a fan game.

If anyone is interested please let me know, i really want to help in some way in this project.

I guess all you would need is someone to take the virtua fighter genesis sprites and modify them to look like shenmue characters. The rest is pretty straight forward

Always wanted something such as the already awesome Shenmue 2 Collection Battles (aka Shenmue 2 passport disc) with 2nd player support added.

Playing the big four CPUs are already great replay value plus the other street fighters.

Back