[Shenmue HD] Is it possible to use PS4 save files on PC?

Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
A Hat in Time
Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right section to ask something like this, but here goes.

I’ve been wondering for a while now if it’s possible to make Shenmue HD PS4 save files work on the Steam release. I’ve been playing Shenmue on and off on PS4 since release but I won’t be able to do so for much longer and the Steam port would be the ideal solution for me, the only problem being replaying the game.

I have a multitude of different save files, all at various points in the game and with specific moves maxed-out and others left as is, so it would be quite a hassle to recreate them from scratch.

I am aware what I’m asking may be impossible, as PS4 saves are apparently encrypted and wouldn’t straight-up work on PC. Despite that, I thought it was still worth asking you guys about this. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

As far as I know, nobody has experimented with this. The only way to decrypt PS4 saves without a hacked console is with the Advanced version of the PS4 Save Wizard product. (Which never goes on sale, because they only had 2 competitors and both were developed in Japan which made save editing illegal around 2018 so the products got discontinued.) The advanced version of PS4 Save Wizard costs $60 USD and requires internet access to work. Once you have the decrypted save you'd still have to convert it to a format the PC version would accept.

I considered buying it at points to do the same thing, but it wasn't worth $60 for me to transfer save files especially considering it's not guaraneteed to be even be possible.

Very interesting. So the process is just as convoluted as I feared.
I guess I’ll just have to live with that and slowly recreate my save files on PC. Thank you for your help.

Back