Shenmue HD ModTools v1.2 (now with filenames)

Hey,

I wrote a tool that allows unpacking, editing/modding, and exporting of Shenmue HD tad/tac files. Exported files/mods are also automatically loaded by Shenmue, without any further modifications. (Primitive modloader/manager)

Download:
https://github.com/derplayer/ShenmueHDTools/releases

How do i use it?
* Go to File and press "Import..."
* Select a tad/tac file that you want to open
* It will take 1-2 min to extract it as an subfolder that is created next to the selected tad/tac
* After it is extracted, you're freely to edit the directory
* When you're finnished export it as a mod via "File -> Export..."
* Save it where you want (in "dx11/mods" folder when you want to test it out)
* This will also take 1-2 minutes
* Launch the game, when everything is fine it should start with the new files

How to install mods?
* Just copy the mod that you have into the ".../archive/dx11/mods/" folder (create the folder, when not there) from Shenmue.

Will game updates break it?
* If the filenames of the modded files change or the hashing algorithm changes than yes.

Why do the gamefiles extract each time again when i restart the tools?
* If you use the "Import..." action than of course the gamefiles will extract again. You can use the "Open..." action to open an ".cache" file which is an file which saves the whole hashes, filenames, categories and descriptions of an opened TAD file.

I still have an old ".shdcache" file, can i open it with this version?
* Yes. The filenames will automatically be mapped to the cache file and a new cache file will be created.

The application crashed or i found a bug, where do i report this?
* Just create an [Issue](https://github.com/derplayer/ShenmueHDTools/issues/new) with the "bug" label on this GitHub Project.

Which version of visual studio do i need to compile this?
* We use Visual Studio 2017 Community. Other versions could work, i dunno?

Picture examples:
example_1.png

68747470733a2f2f7667792e6d652f617630746a302e676966

uB1lfd.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap.. I salute you sir!.
Testing and working!

Now, if only we could get the in-game textures out this easy.

Last edited:
Damn this is the best community ever. Just look how fast everything is happening. Great work man.

Oh wow there are also the Dreamcast buttons too that can be used for QTE's.

Strange... Why are the original icons and menu pieces still in there? Even the old beta action selector.

Damn this is the best community ever. Just look how fast everything is happening. Great work man.

Oh wow there are also the Dreamcast buttons too that can be used for QTE's.

Damn, I need those buttons! The Xbox One style buttons are way too dull, would settle for OG Xbox/Xbox 360 style full-coloured buttons when playing with my 360 controller.

Probably not, but I need help with the media section of the site.

Is it possible to somehow have every in-game items unlocked, like how the action replay used to have those codes? I need something like that to capture everything for the sites media section. Could maybe throw in a Shenmue gift for anyone willing to help. I mean there's no way on earth I will get the Afterburner toy capsule, million token certificate etc.

Is it possible to somehow have every in-game items unlocked, like how the action replay used to have those codes? I need something like that to capture everything for the sites media section. Could maybe throw in a Shenmue gift for anyone willing to help. I mean there's no way on earth I will get the Afterburner toy capsule, million token certificate etc.

If nobody else gets round to it, I'll be working on save file editing soon anyway, so I'll be able to do this.

If nobody else gets round to it, I'll be working on save file editing soon anyway, so I'll be able to do this.
Ducky you are a legend bud I swear. I am off work all week hoping to get this sorted, if you are up for it. I will drop you a line on Twitter

If you go through the files it has every toy capsule.. here is one image.

caps.png

I know repacking archives is harder than unpacking, but how likely is that ?
Hopefully someone at Xentax will be able to get file extensions (and hopefully model data)

Ive used NinjaRipper and everything rips properly with perfect UVs but it doesnt place models in the correct XYZ locations (3dripperDX doesnt work, it only works on games upto DirectX9, Shenmue1+2 is DX11)

I have been re-creating the 3D capsule models by previously ripping assets, I paused knowing that I'd get better results with this HD release and so far NinjaRipper has been working well. I'll be optimising the models and also re-modelling for solid format/3D printing. It'll be great once we figure out how to rip a scene with correctly-positioned assets.

@derplayer using your tool I have managed to identify a sound file format (header: AIXF).
These files can be uncompressed/converted to .adx (see here and here), following the SegaSaturn standard.
The .adx files can be opened using the CinePack tool Saturn Video Tools > ADX.

This may not be news but it can help with the unpacker. Let me know if you accept PRs.

And what extra software do you need to use this? Sorry but the instructions don't make it clear at all how to really get going with it.

And what extra software do you need to use this? Sorry but the instructions don't make it clear at all how to really get going with it.
To compile, I would assume Visual Studio 15 from the SLN file, not sure if that's your question though.

Last edited:
Back