Shenmue I & II HD sales data

Hey all

Any idea of the sales figure for this collection at all or when we may see the first charts comes out. Sometimes you are able to see an estimated first week sales figure based on pre orders and day one sales.

This will give a good indication of sales expected for shenmue 3 next year!!!!

Any help is appreciated me for sites which show this.

Not good sales on Steam I'm afraid :crying:
Only 900 players in game at this moment (1500 yesterday) and Steamspy reports an estimation of 0 -20000 owners (https://steamspy.com/app/758330)
Not sure you can count on them numbers being reliable. Valve changed some settings and rules, which are preventing Steam Spy from reporting more correct data. Even prior to this the information was vastly faulty.

Agreed with @Mattis.

PC is and arguably always be a niche choice in the gaming sector; the more reasonable way to predict sales is by looking at sites like Amazon, where Shenmue has been in the Top Sellers for quite some time before launch, spiking very high these last two days.

Reviews have been positive, which translates to more sales. I have a couple of good friends who remain managers for GameStop long after my departure a few years ago; they remarked to me that all extra copies sold out in many stores, with reservations being strong with pickups.

The initial supply was very low, with many stores receiving only 4 or 5 extra copies of the game. They've received calls looking for when their next stock will be.

It's a good time to be a fan.

It was on the top selling of steam last time I looked. Sales can’t be that bad.

Probably best to wait until we hear from SEGA or an official sales report.

It was 42nd place on Xbox One digital marketplace, but that might have just been pre-sales and it takes a few days to update right...

It had sold out on a number of the Amazon sites.

Also it was #1 across most of their Europe sales. I think it's doing ok..

on the argos (uk) website, when viewing a product the website normally prompts you to buy by telling you how many people are viewing /had bought the product. - going by how many have sold, i will imagine both xbox&ps4 games will sell out with this store soon.

this is what i saw:
k1.JPGk2.JPG

We already know from Adam that Sega themselves are blown away from just the pre-orders alone. He mentioned it again in his thank you video yesterday and how this is a big eye opener for Sega and how they see the franchise. I live in London, and just check Argos and they are out of stock for both PS4 & Xbox at every single store near me. The closest store which has one in stock is Folkstone which is 45 miles away lol It's just crazy and amazing to see how well it is doing.

Going to head into town tomorrow so will check the local Game shop to see if they have any. Will also be scouting out if they have promotional posters/displays and will ask if I can have them when they are finished with them :p

Yeah looking at Amazon US and it is still around 40 in rank I think. Few days ago it was all the way at the top. I would expect Sega to be blown away by the sales for the game, and now people are asking around for the game that did not pre-order it. o_O

Looking forward to seeing the charts next week. A top 10 would be a real success and it has a good chance!!!

Anyone knows how to get a hold of some concrete data regarding the sales of this game?
Currently not but I imagine in the coming weeks something will pop up. I am also chasing this data for the dojo social media so do let me know if you find any and I'll do the same.

EDIT: I've looked at the UK sales charts and they are generally published on a Monday for the week previous. Keep an eye out early next week for its chart position.

Last edited:
Hopefully it sells at least in the range of a minimum at 100,000 units. Went to my local BestBuy this Saturday morning and was pleasantly surprised to see this.

20180825_100905.jpg

Sold out of the PS4 version and was able to snag the last copy of the Xbox One version. Hopefully this is a sign of good times for the Shenmue IP.

Does Launch Edition mean anything special or is that just indicating that it was the first shipment?

Back